'Nash Grier' Controversy

Stef

STEF SZN
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Like most of you, my first thought was...what in the hell is a 'Nash Grier'. But, apparently he's another one of those Connor Franta/'O2L' clone people that have way more subs than they deserve. Anyway one of his videos, What Guys Look for in Girls, is gaining controversy, particularity on Tumblr for having a sexist air to it. I don't agree fully but I'm glad to see these people getting called out in some way, shape or form. You can search his video as I can't post links.

@Gabriel @Slowlist @kkushalbeatzz @Le Fancy Narwhal

KGATV

YASSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
He's a viner with more than 4M+ followers.

I personally cannot stand him. He thinks he's better than everyone else because of his fame from Vine. I don't find him funny at all, and yet he has 1M+ followers on Vine, Twitter, and soon to be YouTube. He recently joined YouTube, and quickly gained a lot of subscribers/views. Bit of a slap in the face to all of us other YouTubers who spend hours preparing, filming, and editing our videos. He got popular for something he did in 7 sec. Which, most of his popularity came from vines with his sister "harmonizing" songs together.

He's a fine example how looks determine popularity. I don't find him entertaining at all, but since he's "good looking", he quickly rose to fame.

He is also a complete douche. He said that his idea of a "perfect" girl was for her to be herself, but then says she needs to meet a bunch of requirements. (Like long curly brunette hair, no body hair, skinny, etc.). He's very rude to people who message him anything slightly negative. He's very rude to homosexuals, and has tweeted some offensive things about them.

He's basically one of those people who let fame get to his head, and made his ego go through the roof. The only real reason why he's popular is because of his looks.

Last edited:

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The Tumblr posts are hilarious, I laugh out loud every time I see one on my dash. Right now I'd like to say he's the worst YouTuber, because he can only make 6 second clips.

Here's one of the best Valentine ones :hilarious2:

Reactions: OzTalksHw

unknown_user54684097890

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
He gained A LOT of his success from his siblings, I believe his sister and his brother? I think his brother is some professional at something, either way.

He's let his "fame" go to his head, and he uses it as a means to pretty much say whatever the f*ck he wants without ANY backlash.. Until now.

unknown_user7464664647

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
The Tumblr posts are hilarious, I laugh out loud every time I see one on my dash. Right now I'd like to say he's the worst YouTuber, because he can only make 6 second clips.

Here's one of the best Valentine ones :hilarious2:
I'm using that Valentine's Card every year from now on. Thank you.

Rouge

The All-Round Lad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Guru, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
Well im just putting it out there, that most of the "loyal" youtubers these days are girls between the ages of 8-15, so in all fairness ofcourse they will swarm the best looking guys on youtube...I personally hate it, but its the way youtube is going increasingly day by day!

MegaBoringGuy

Biggest Painted On Muscles You've Ever Seen, Baby
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So many of those type of vloggers are "Swaggy Douches", I can't stand it - explain to me why you have to wear a backwards hat indoors and turn it around every 5 seconds?

Reactions: Stef

ChrisLRey

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Ranter
Kids like him...upset me on another level. He's just going to become another one of those "attractive" (which he is not to me) people who have a large fanbase because of his face yet he is not funny at all. I am just done tolerating with it lol. Anywho his only fans are 12 yr old little girls who thinks he's cute. W/e...

Reactions: Kaizahr

cmcollection

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Guru, Vlogger, Reviewer
Have you seen the speechless video on youtube? Nothing but them sitting there over 2 minutes practically saying nothing until the very end. The video has over 500k views. His popularity has little to do with any talent and is primarily based on "good looks". The vast majority of these types of youtubers are popular because of their looks and not their content. He's going to make a lot of money off youtube from basically doing nothing.