My YT Acct Blocked Due to Hate Speach and Hacking ?

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
UPDATE:
So I called YT again to cancel my account. Their number is 855-276-3666 and shows up in internet searches as YT support and Amazon support. It's some call center somewhere. The people on the phone have strong eastern accents and are hard to understand.

WTF
Amazon's tech support number is 1 (888) 283-1829 https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202101470
As far as I know, there is no possible way to contact YouTube via phone unless you are a big shot and have contacts working there.

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
If I remember correctly Google+ got hacked not so long time ago and that's why they removed it! Either way, my guess is that maybe that's how they got access to your other accounts and right now they are just trying to get money out of you = SCAM.
I received a similar message in the spam mail I use... "Hacker" even showed and told me my password... I just ignored the message and guess what...
I still have my email and account so a great way to combat scammers is either just ignore them or just waste their time

GVSmith

Reaction score
I'd be thinking the same thing except it's YTs published phone number I'm calling. Combined with the 23 emails from youtube.com, plus my youtube and (I just discovered) my gmail acct are both suspended. it has to be them

How would a hacker or scammer accomplish all that?

GVSmith

Reaction score
Amazon's tech support number is 1 (888) 283-1829 https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202101470
As far as I know, there is no possible way to contact YouTube via phone unless you are a big shot and have contacts working there.
What's your point? You found an Amazon tech support number. The comment was 855-276-3666 shows up in internet searches as a YT support and Amazon support number.

Ther's no other way to contact them. They've ignored all my resonses to the suspension.

Do this, find me another number to reach YT at that works and see what you find.

Last edited:

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
So I called YT again to cancel my account. Their number is 855-276-3666 and shows up in internet searches as YT support and Amazon support. It's some call center somewhere. The people on the phone have strong eastern accents and are hard to understand.
I have just done a google search on that telephone number. Every single website on the first page of Google's results were spammy scammer's websites with ridiculous-looking images:

(DO NOT CALL THAT NUMBER)

The "tech support scam" is a well-known scam. Read this https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4013405/windows-protect-from-tech-support-scams and scroll down to the list of know scam numbers and click on it. Although that exact number doesn't appear on the list, lots of numbers with the exact same prefix of "855-xxx" are on that list. The "855" code is Cambodia. I found this - https://www.thecambodianews.net/news/257935768/ads-for-tech-support-scams-face-google-ire
I'm guessing you did a google search for YouTube support and you saw a PAID link with a YouTube logo on it and clicked on it. Well that paid link was paid for by a scammer (so that they are top of the page) and the phone number on that website is BS.

You are being scammed. That is NOT YouTube's (or Amazon's ) support number. I have already given you a link of how to contact Youtube in one of my previous posts.

GVSmith

Reaction score
Well, I called the Google support line and sat there long enough to get through to someone who said I had to first restore access to my gmail acct and sent me a page to request that, which will be my 3rd time submitting this and then she sent me to a yahoo premium support page to ask for a call back that you would never find unless someone told you about it.

So I get the call back and told it's support for premium monetized accounts only but CONFIRMS THAT MY ACCOUNT IS SUSPENDED FOR REPEATED VIOLATIONS but he can't help me except to send me an email with instructions how to appeal the decision to suspend my account that I'm still waiting for.

Last edited:

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Yeah dude, I hope you didn't pay them anything or let them download anything. That's very much a scam and your account may have been hacked

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Well, I called the Google support line and sat there long enough to get through to someone who said I had to first restore access to my gmail acct and sent me a page to request that, which will be my 3rd time submitting this and then she sent me to a yahoo premium support page to ask for a call back that you would never find unless someone told you about it.
Yahoo is owned by Verizon (a rival of Google), and not Google. If a "Google support person" is sending you to their business archenemy for additional help, you can assume that you are NOT talking to real Google staff members. :eek: Whatever number you are calling, I'd recommend to stop calling it and to focus on communication tools available directly from Google Support's website:

Reactions: Crown and markkaz

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I know you do not want to hear this (because you ignore it when everyone says it)....but... You are being scammed.
No caps, and I will type slowly, but to say it again - You are being scammed.

It sounds like a very elaborate scam, but a scam nonetheless. Google sending you to Yahoo is a clue. Telling you to send Walgreen cards is a big clue. Also, the phone number is a known fake (it comes up as the "tech help" for various companies. YouTube is in San Bruno, CA it would have a 650 number, (like their fax #, which is also the only number on their help site). You are being scammed.

Change your passwords on everything. Cancel the payment on your YT premium. Contact YT via email, and be prepared to wait a very long time for any reply.