My YT Acct Blocked Due to Hate Speach and Hacking ?

GVSmith

Reaction score
con't
I also filed 2 complaints via the google website and no response.

SensualC4

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
$200 to unblock it. I'm blocked from using or cancelling my account.
Bottom line is (1) this is a SCAM, DONOT respond to those emails. (2) contact youtube directly from either their website, their twitter, or anywhere that is not the emails. (3) it is very possible that all the emails are from the same scammer, it is possible they have blocked your account themselves. (4) if you downloaded anything from them, clicked a link in the email, or they had access to your PC you need to scan for malware now. it's possible they sent you a worm, or key logger. (5) Can you see your page up currently?(Ie just searching on youtube) if you can then revert to(3)

I recommend you fix this immediately before they can do anymore dmg :(

Reactions: Crown

GVSmith

Reaction score
The emails from YT are notices and can't be responded to. You aren't reading what I've written. The number I called YT at is their posted help line number and I've completed 3 complaints to YT/Google and no response yet.

GVSmith

Reaction score
UPDATE:
So I called YT again to cancel my account. Their number is 855-276-3666 and shows up in internet searches as YT support and Amazon support. It's some call center somewhere. The people on the phone have strong eastern accents and are hard to understand.

I'm told again that my account is not blocked for hate speach but that it's been hacked and I don't own it anymore, 4 other people do.

And I'm told I can't cancel my account because I can't prove I'm the owner. To prove to them that I am who I say I am I have to send them 4 $50 money cards from Walgreens, one for each hacker owner. No credit card payments. Money cards only and he explains that's how all the professionals do it now days. He says the $200 will be refunded after I proved who I am.

WTF

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
You aren't reading what I've written.
No, YOU aren't reading what other people have written. You. Are. Being. Scammed. Wrap your head around it. I don't know how it happens through the 'official' phone number, maybe they are redirecting you or maybe that whole damn Indian call centre is in on it, but NO SELF RESPECTING COMPANY WOULD TELL YOU TO PAY YOUR HACKERS. The reason they want you to get Walgreen cards is so your bank can't track them and you can't reclaim the money when it turns out to be a scam.

Also, to get this clear, calling youtube PREMIUM isn't going to help you to get your Youtube account back. I've never heard of anyone ever just calling up Google. Cause you can't. You will just have to dispute it and wait the long wait, as does everyone else. You can't contact Youtube directly about these issues, that's the whole point.

Admit to yourself this whole thing is wrong, CHANGE ALL YOUR PASSWORDS and tell your credit card company to block the account that took that last payment.

Reactions: SensualC4

bigattck

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
There is a sure fire way to kill your account https://www.google.com/accounts/DeleteAccount

If you can't access it then try and try again in different VPN which then causes a auto lock down because it thinks you are being attack. Then will open a window for you to respond with google which than you be able to review anything that has been added to your account or broswers like new PCs or apps.

GVSmith

Reaction score
i don't want to delete my Google account. I want to have my YT account rerstored or cancel my YT premium account.

On the YT website I'm blocked from access to my premium acct due to hate speach which was preceded by emails saying the same from <accounts-noreply@youtube.com>

Here's what they sent me ...

We'd like to inform you that due to repeated or severe violations of our Community Guidelines (https://www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines) your YouTube account GSmith/831 has been suspended.

After review we determined that activity in your account violated our Community Guidelines, which state that hate speech is not acceptable on our site. "Hate speech" means content that promotes hatred or violence against members of a protected group (race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and sexual orientation/gender identity).

Please be aware that you are prohibited from accessing, possessing or creating any other YouTube accounts. For more information about account terminations and how our Community Guidelines are enforced, please visit our Help Center.

If you would like to appeal the suspension, please submit this form.

And the embedded link in the email to contest it takes you here that I've filled out 3 times to np response.

I filled out their form 3 times and no response. I've called them at their published support number which is the same as the number shown on my credit card billing for YT primium, so I know it's real.

GVSmith

Reaction score
No, YOU aren't reading what other people have written. You. Are. Being. Scammed. Wrap your head around it. I don't know how it happens through the 'official' phone number, maybe they are redirecting you or maybe that whole damn Indian call centre is in on it, but NO SELF RESPECTING COMPANY WOULD TELL YOU TO PAY YOUR HACKERS. The reason they want you to get Walgreen cards is so your bank can't track them and you can't reclaim the money when it turns out to be a scam.

Also, to get this clear, calling youtube PREMIUM isn't going to help you to get your Youtube account back. I've never heard of anyone ever just calling up Google. Cause you can't. You will just have to dispute it and wait the long wait, as does everyone else. You can't contact Youtube directly about these issues, that's the whole point.

Admit to yourself this whole thing is wrong, CHANGE ALL YOUR PASSWORDS and tell your credit card company to block the account that took that last payment.
No need yto get abusive lady.
How would you know if YT is self respecting ... IN BIG LETTERS even.
Everything you're saying you are making it up.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
No, I agree with Crown and Dutchie Abroad -- I think two things are going on:
1. Your YouTube account was suspended for hate speech
2. People are trying to scam you at the same time

I think the only time you should be paying Google for anything is if you signed up to run Google Ads.

I'd change your passwords to make sure your other accounts are safe. Submitting the YouTube account appeal takes a lot of time, but I'd do it if you honestly don't think your videos were hateful. I'd also look over this blog post:

It seems YouTube is making some changes right now about this topic.

Scams are going around right now. I was sent this the other day lol. Not going to lie -- for a split second I thought it was legit until I saw the "from" email address lol:

And at the bottom he asked for my account password to "restore it" lol...

Soo... scammers are running around. It's best to be careful and reset passwords! :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: Switchbox

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
con't ...
Oh, and then on the phone they denied my account was blocked and claim it was hacked and then started giving me directions to allow them to access my computer and email.
A trustworthy company would never ask for access to your computer and/or e-mail.

Reactions: KatyAdelson