My YT Acct Blocked Due to Hate Speach and Hacking ?

GVSmith

Reaction score
Youtube previously emailed me about copyright and hate speach complaints, I have four German newsreels from World War 2 with images of American POWs I posted for research purposes. YT then decided in my favor, then on 5 Jun 2019 Youtube blocked my access to my paid account claiming hate speach, then denied that and say my account is blocked because it was hacked and YT/Google wants $200 to unblock it. I'm blocked from using or cancelling my account.

What should I do?

The other thing weird about this is that today I spent 45 mins on the phone with them telling me I had to download and install some program from them to assure a secure access so they can see what they sent me previously in the emails. On the phone I had to run some run command and look for something in the windows files to delete. I disconnected them when I saw they were remotely logging into my email account. The number I reached them at is listed on my credit card account charges for the Youtube premium account I pay for.

Last edited:

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
YT/Google wants $200 to unblock it.
The other thing weird about this is that today I spent 45 mins on the phone with them telling me I had to download and install some program from them to assure a secure access so they can see what they sent me previously in the emails. On the phone I had to run some run command and look for something in the windows files to delete. I disconnected them when I saw they were remotely logging into my email account.
All of this sounds SUPER dodgy! YT wouldn't bribe you into unlocking your account if THEIR servers got hacked. Please try to post this issue on an official YT forum where there are actual Google employees who can help you with this!

Reactions: SensualC4

GVSmith

Reaction score
Nope. I can't log into my account, no premium account and the number i call is their published number of my credit card charges and same as published number. The phone numbers shown cxalling from are from Florida and London. They even called me back 3 times to resume the procedure. I filled out a Google request and no rersponse. There;s no other way to contact Google/YT.

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
Sounds like those Indian Microsoft phone calls.

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You are being scammed. Do not communicate with those people. Google would NEVER charge a fee to reactivate your account. They have no need to read your email.

Reactions: Crown

GVSmith

Reaction score
If it's a scam then why is my access to my account blocked and the number YT published on my credit card billing is them?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
There seems to be 2 separate things going on here:

1) YouTube banned your content in line with their blog post here: https://youtube.googleblog.com/2019/06/our-ongoing-work-to-tackle-hate.html

2) You are being scammed / hacked by a third party. Change all your passwords on important stuff, including email accounts, bank accounts and enable 2 step verification where available. Check your PC and/or phone for viruses and malware. Do not give money to anyone.

To contact YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/t/contact_us

Reactions: KatyAdelson

GVSmith

Reaction score
No I don't think so. This is ongoing. In the last few months YT sent me notices of copyright violations were made agains me for 2 of the 4 ww2 German newsreels I had posted and I responded that these are in the public domain. YT doesn't allow them after that unless the complainer agrees. Pretty weird.

Then YT sent me complaints that the videos were offensive, decided it was free speech, posted a warning to the videos and left them up. But my account was never in jeopardy. I don't care that much. They can take them down. There's no comments or discussion going online with them.

Then this week YT sent me that my account is blocked for violations and you can read about that in the beginning of this thread. The phone number I called them at is the number on my credit card billing for my YT premium acct. My premium account isn't working and I'm blocked from logging into my YT dashboard etc.

I filed with my credit card company to dispute my last $9.99 charge over this and they gave me an immediate refund and said case closed.

I'm going to go look if they have a FB or something I can post this delimma to.

GVSmith

Reaction score
con't ...
Oh, and then on the phone they denied my account was blocked and claim it was hacked and then started giving me directions to allow them to access my computer and email.