My Youtube channel was recently terminated/suspended (without warning or any notification)

Rich Peterson

Reaction score
My Youtube channel was recently terminated/suspended (without warning or any notification); emailed their copyright department and they replied:

"Your YouTube account is not suspended for copyright."
"Due to repeated or severe violations of our Community Guidelines"

Contacted the company (Fullscreen) I monetized my channel with and they told me; "the TOS violations were coming from either "tagging or titling incorrectly, clickbait thumbnails, misleading content, etc".

Tagging or titling incorrectly - Never done that!
Clickbait thumbnails - I shoot music videos and have only ever uploaded thumbnail of the music artists.
Misleading content - All my videos I ever posted where music videos w/original content (no copyright issues EVER).

Contacted their "appeal link" and the only repose I get is; "Thanks for your email. It looks as though your account (have 2 channels using the same email 1 with no videos on it) is active and you should have the ability to log in. If you are still having difficulties logging into your account, please be certain that you are using the correct username and password combination."

I am totally devastated, I am a videographer that records local music artists (Minneapolis area), and posted over 100+ videos over the course of 6 years. Never have I click baited anyone or posted misleading content or tagged incorrectly. I literally shoot edit and post local music videos (non have any copyright strikes against !

If anyone has had a similar thing or knows how else to appeal this, please comment!

Rich Peterson

TheGamersFormula

Check out my channel!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My Youtube channel was recently terminated/suspended (without warning or any notification); emailed their copyright department and they replied:

"Your YouTube account is not suspended for copyright."
"Due to repeated or severe violations of our Community Guidelines"

Contacted the company (Fullscreen) I monetized my channel with and they told me; "the TOS violations were coming from either "tagging or titling incorrectly, clickbait thumbnails, misleading content, etc".

Tagging or titling incorrectly - Never done that!
Clickbait thumbnails - I shoot music videos and have only ever uploaded thumbnail of the music artists.
Misleading content - All my videos I ever posted where music videos w/original content (no copyright issues EVER).

Contacted their "appeal link" and the only repose I get is; "Thanks for your email. It looks as though your account (have 2 channels using the same email 1 with no videos on it) is active and you should have the ability to log in. If you are still having difficulties logging into your account, please be certain that you are using the correct username and password combination."

I am totally devastated, I am a videographer that records local music artists (Minneapolis area), and posted over 100+ videos over the course of 6 years. Never have I click baited anyone or posted misleading content or tagged incorrectly. I literally shoot edit and post local music videos (non have any copyright strikes against !

If anyone has had a similar thing or knows how else to appeal this, please comment!

Rich Peterson
what kind of videos do or did you make so i can get a better idea of what happened here. Maybe you include copyright music too much or ect. Maybe i can help on this

Deltoy

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Maybe it's the music. I remember making a lyric video channel and it's crazy how I didn't get any copyright strikes until I got terminated from there being multiple strikes at once. RIP

Kush Patel

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Make sure none of the artists that you made the music video for claimed it as copyright while not realizing that it was your channel.

Rich Peterson

Reaction score
Thanks guys for replying, but I emailed the copyright department and they stated it wasn't due to any copyright issues. Then stated;

Due to repeated or severe violations of our your Community Guidelines YouTube account has been suspended. After review, we determined that activity in your account violated our Community Guidelines, which prohibit spam, scams orcommercially deceptive content.

I would feel a little better about all this if I was give a stright answer about what specifically I did wrong. But instead they blindly point me to the community guidelines.

TheGamersFormula

Check out my channel!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks guys for replying, but I emailed the copyright department and they stated it wasn't due to any copyright issues. Then stated;

Due to repeated or severe violations of our your Community Guidelines YouTube account has been suspended. After review, we determined that activity in your account violated our Community Guidelines, which prohibit spam, scams orcommercially deceptive content.

I would feel a little better about all this if I was give a stright answer about what specifically I did wrong. But instead they blindly point me to the community guidelines.
Ya i know their customer service isnt that great. Maybe take a look at the guidlines and reflect on what you have done and continue trying tog et in touch with them

XZN

Reaction score

How did you get your channel back in the end?

Rich Peterson

Reaction score
Fortunately I partnered with a great company (Fullscreen Inc.) years ago. After emailing and filling out all YouTube's recovery forms I reached out to Fullscreen as a last ditch effort.

They told be they would absolutely look into it for me and after about a week my channel was reinstated. I did receive an email back from YouTube stating;

Hi there,

After a review of your account, we have confirmed that your YouTube account is not in violation of our Terms of Service. As such, we have unsuspended your account. This means your account is once again active and operational.

Not sure if this really helps the thread, but that's what happened.

XZN

Reaction score
Fortunately I partnered with a great company (Fullscreen Inc.) years ago. After emailing and filling out all YouTube's recovery forms I reached out to Fullscreen as a last ditch effort.

They told be they would absolutely look into it for me and after about a week my channel was reinstated. I did receive an email back from YouTube stating;

Hi there,

After a review of your account, we have confirmed that your YouTube account is not in violation of our Terms of Service. As such, we have unsuspended your account. This means your account is once again active and operational.

Not sure if this really helps the thread, but that's what happened.
Thanks. This is an important piece of information. I realized that YouTube tends to suspend more channels for no reason than ever before, but most creators do not have a channel to talk/argue with them. This is really sad.