My videos don't show up at all in search, but when I sort by view count they appear in the top 3

jjdagod

Reaction score
Let's say the title of one of my videos is "Tom Brady Full Speech at Super Bowl Parade"

The video has 200,000 views, 3,000 likes and 3,000 comments

If I search "brady super bowl parade" or something similar, the video is nowhere to be found. Even though all keywords are in the title, in the tags, in the comment tags and the video has many views, it just does not come up as a search result on ANY page. Then I sort results by view count and it's the third result on the page.

What's going on here?

Today I posted two videos. They immediately were on the front page of search results because they got alot of views and likes in a short period of time but minutes later they vanished, only viewable when results are sorted by view count. Seems like my videos are being purposely censored. I would really appreciate some help on how to resolve this issue.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)
(The YTtalk support/suggestions forum is specifically for YTtalk forum support, not YouTube support. The staff at YTtalk are not YouTube employees... )

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
A link to your channel would more useful. I can't even find your video regardless how I set the filter. But I can say as a default that videos are filtered by relevance. So that means your video is in competition with other videos similar to yours, not just in overall watch time, but also on relevant audience retention. So perhaps your competitors have audience retentions much higher than yours. So I'd first look in your analytics, filter for just that one specific video, go to your audience retention tab, then click 'relative audience retention'. You want to see if your video is above average for the most part.

entrepreneur

Reaction score
You probably just have some bad SEO done on your video, check your description and tags and everything there, using tubebuddy is good for this and it can check the ranks of your keywords also and suggest some for you.