My videos Claimed by: Collective_1 and Collective_4 !?

hamood

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yesterday several of my videos has been Claimed by: Collective_1 and Collective_4
5 videos of Far Cry 3 which own by ubisoft ... after i made dispute they are active again
2 video of remember me which own by camcop ... after i made dispute they are active again
1 video Shinobi iii round 6 which own by SEGA ... not yet
1 video The Legend of Korra which own by Nickelodeon Interactive ... not yet

Whos Collective_1 and Collective_4 mostly no music in the game!!!
is it a scam or maybe a troll!!!

NEED HELP!

Shane

YouTube Network Addict
Reaction score
They are Content Owners for Collective Digital I believe.

Maybe you should send them an email.

JeriKane

s h o o k e t h
Reaction score
Moved this over to Copyright, Claims, Strikes and Legal Discussion.

Ian W.

Saiyan Warrior!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I got a claim from Collective_1 before and I did a bit of research on Google.. Can't remember exactly what one article said but it basically led to me appealing the claim and Collective_1 retracted their claim immediately! I don't believe these handles have any claim to the videos they try to claim.

hamood

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I got a claim from Collective_1 before and I did a bit of research on Google.. Can't remember exactly what one article said but it basically led to me appealing the claim and Collective_1 retracted their claim immediately! I don't believe these handles have any claim to the videos they try to claim.
Same thing here after i did a dispute in a few hours they remove it
i think they are scam company, they dont own some camcop or sega games to claim it
from my research if someone leave the claim they will steal all the money, and i guess they are from Mechanima
and they are only take the visual video like background moment or cut scene seriously!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Naomi

clerick

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Same thing here after i did a dispute in a few hours they remove it
i think they are scam company, they dont own some camcop or sega games to claim it
from my research if someone leave the claim they will steal all the money, and i guess they are from Mechanima
and they are only take the visual video like background moment or cut scene seriously!!
That has nothing to do with anything. What happens is the users in an MCN don't understand how content ID button works nor read the guidelines provided about ti and auto check it. This causes the system to match user videos of gameplay footage to everyone on youtube and think that that usage belongs to the users MCN who checked the content id button.

hamood

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That has nothing to do with anything. What happens is the users in an MCN don't understand how content ID button works nor read the guidelines provided about ti and auto check it. This causes the system to match user videos of gameplay footage to everyone on youtube and think that that usage belongs to the users MCN who checked the content id button.
so what do you suggest ?
im also today got random copyrights on my videos that never happened to me before so why now ?

clerick

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
so what do you suggest ?
im also today got random copyrights on my videos that never happened to me before so why now ?
Nothing but dispute the claim, it's all you can do. Hopefully youtube will start to punish MCNs harder for letting their users ignorantly abuse the content id claim system. It never happened to you before because of several possible reasons: the user had only just claimed the video, and youtubes content id system takes time to take in new content for matching an then going through millions of videos by their system to find a match. The only way to not get scanned for content id is to be a managed channel, but to be a managed channel requires a huge amount of subs/views.

Reactions: Naomi

hamood

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Nothing but dispute the claim, it's all you can do. Hopefully youtube will start to punish MCNs harder for letting their users ignorantly abuse the content id claim system. It never happened to you before because of several possible reasons: the user had only just claimed the video, and youtubes content id system takes time to take in new content for matching an then going through millions of videos by their system to find a match. The only way to not get scanned for content id is to be a managed channel, but to be a managed channel requires a huge amount of subs/views.
hope so, i got 2 videos of remember me claimed by camcop so i have no problem since they are the real owner and they have the rights to claim it

Reaction score
I recently had my Legend of Korra parts claimed by Collective 4... I looked at twitter to see if others are having this problem and yes they are! They are claiming videos from A-Z. Literally claiming 1 second. I have disputed 1 video and they are not removing the claim as fast as you guys said they may hold out 30 days. They also claimed another video of mine today after I made a dispute...yep... Legend of Korra... I think I will just delete my LoK series cuz this is stupid! I don't want a suspension cuz of this!