My video was removed for no reason

MikeSchimm

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
So I awoke yesterday to a wonderful surprise, one of my videos had been removed for "violating" YouTube's "Community Guidelines." The thing is, I didn't. The only thing I can think of is that I was shirtless in part of the video, but I have 5 other videos where I'm shirtless!! I even have a video where I swim in my UNDERWEAR! And none of those were removed. I even went out of my way to bleep out the cussing in that video. After repealing it, YouTube did nothing. Great. I spent a lot of time and money on that video but I guess f*!k all with YouTube's messed up system.

Sorry, just a little frustrated

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
That sucks that happened...
What was the video about? What was title of it? Is there any music playing?
I have a video where I’m shirtless and I’ve seen multiple others, so I doubt it’s that. I would think there has to be some reason they took it off though.

MikeSchimm

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
That sucks that happened...
What was the video about? What was title of it? Is there any music playing?
I have a video where I’m shirtless and I’ve seen multiple others, so I doubt it’s that. I would think there has to be some reason they took it off though.
The video was about me filling my bathtub with hot chocolate, so that can't be it cause there are plenty of videos out there like that, and it can't be the music because I got it straight from YouTube's free music playlist.....

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
The video was about me filling my bathtub with hot chocolate, so that can't be it cause there are plenty of videos out there like that, and it can't be the music because I got it straight from YouTube's free music playlist.....
Hmm...that’s really odd they took it down. What was the title of the video?

Reactions: MikeSchimm

zhkopec

I've Got It
Reaction score
So I awoke yesterday to a wonderful surprise, one of my videos had been removed for "violating" YouTube's "Community Guidelines." The thing is, I didn't. The only thing I can think of is that I was shirtless in part of the video, but I have 5 other videos where I'm shirtless!! I even have a video where I swim in my UNDERWEAR! And none of those were removed. I even went out of my way to bleep out the cussing in that video. After repealing it, YouTube did nothing. Great. I spent a lot of time and money on that video but I guess f*!k all with YouTube's messed up system.

Sorry, just a little frustrated
Sounds like an algorithm screw up. They use AI to auto demonetize and remove videos. I got a content strike and put in an appeal for a deleted video. They reviewed it and put it back up. The whole process took like two months though.

Reactions: MikeSchimm

MikeSchimm

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Do you have a copy of the video you can put on Vimeo or somewhere for us to review?
That’s a good idea. I’ll let you know when I’ve uploaded it and see if people can find anything[DOUBLEPOST=1517718977,1517718919][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sounds like an algorithm screw up. They use AI to auto demonetize and remove videos. I got a content strike and put in an appeal for a deleted video. They reviewed it and put it back up. The whole process took like two months though.
I didn’t have as much luck, they didn’t put the video back up unfortunately. Which REALLY confuses me because I truly do not believe I did anything wrong

Ocean Chan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey apparently the scope of what violates youtube's standards is quite wide.

If your video could be interpreted as a fetish video then it will be taken down.

There was a popular freediving channel with 5k subs, that was resently suspended. The girl who ran it was doing videos like "wearing a new bikini whilst freediving" - she got into hot water when she started asking fans what they want to see her wearing in the next video. She wasnt doing anything sexual, no nudity or anything. But the nature of the requests meant the channel and videos violated the terms