My Turn!!

Ok...so after watching the first vlog...here's what I'm thinking: Edit out the "uhhs." Your video will go by so much faster and the jokes will have better timing. If you don't think so, at least try doing it after you've saved what you think is what you're satisfied with the first time, then do it again. I've noticed when I vlog or do my show, everything that I think MIGHT be funny, I just end up taking out and everything rolls by so much smoother. But that's only if you're doing a vlog with quick cuts...quick cuts should try and cut out as much fat as possible to make the vlog, quick, concise, to the point, and leave the watcher entertained.

Also, I noticed when you did quick cuts, you often did a rotation on the post production. It looks awkward. Most times, when you do quick cuts, it doesn't look seamless (something that can't be avoided), but luckily on youtube, it's accepted. Adding to the formula can do one of two things: enhance or detract. In my opinion, I think that it kind of detracted and flipped me for a loop. I kept wondering if you were spinning in your chair, then I realized you weren't. A lot of the great youtubers always say that less is more in a lot of situations...and I think that's as good of advice as I could give on that.

Also, is it possible to put your captions in the video? I felt that your caption cards stopped the action and left things kind of stagnant. For me, I've always hated caption cards, unless they're titles or outros, cuz I feel like it's just dead space, you know? Maybe consider putting captions during your video, so it stays seamless. You could have probably cut like 15-25 seconds worth of time just with captions.

Also...the bloopers...I love bloopers, but if you're trying to make a go at this seriously, you probably shouldn't put it in your official work. It should go in its own video, you know what I mean? Like when your girlfriend wasn't looking at the camera? Do you think that was necessary in the whole narrative? I dunno...it's something to consider.

The best advice is to just keep doing what you're doing. You'll get better as time goes forward. I know I have. But remember to take things like you want it to end up. If you want a partnership down the road or something...treat your channel like you're already partnered, put out the best content you have. You're definitely on the right track. If that vlog was 2 or 3 minutes instead of 5, it would have been really funny and interesting.

But that's just my two cents...take of it as you will.

Thanks Token for haven taken the time to watch and give me feedback. I will take everything you have said into consideration, and to be honest I was thinking the same thing on a few things you said.... so thanks again man.

Back