My top 10 videos (and therefore my channel) suddenly died!

Has happened to me many times when they change algorithms. Best you can do is change tags/image of videos and pray.

Hi Caregiver12. If they are really old videos would it help if you updated the title / description / maybe some keywords too? That will force YouTube / Google to re-index it? Or there could be no reasonable reason for it at all. Youtube doesn't seem to share the reason behind some of its actions i notice.

My channel has been really consistent over the last few months though. It simply like someone switched off the lights on Saturday, turned them on again briefly on Sunday, and have now turned them off and kept them off.

All of my competitors are still fine. I speak to some of them and they've noticed that none of my videos are being recommended on theirs anymore.

It's like YT has blacklisted me or something. Really gutted.

Hi,

I have the EXACT same problem.

Views dropped suddenly on Saturday, then came back to normal on Sunday and finnaly dropped again on Monday and since then the situation is the same....

Like you, none of my videos are suggested on my own videos.

I don't know where it come from. Someone on a facebook page about Youtube said he got this problem and after 2-3 day the problem has
disappeared.

PS: I make a quite big amount of views.

Hi,

I have the EXACT same problem.

Views dropped suddenly on Saturday, then came back to normal on Sunday and finnaly dropped again on Monday and since then the situation is the same....

Like you, none of my videos are suggested on my own videos.

I don't know where it come from. Someone on a facebook page about Youtube said he got this problem and after 2-3 day the problem has
disappeared.

PS: I make a quite big amount of views.

Could you point me towards the page and the person who said that? Would like to ask them if they did anything to change things.

Oh, I'm on that thread as Chris Edwards :) November was a great month for me. December, unless this changes, will be a disaster :(

Oh, I'm on that thread as Chris Edwards :) November was a great month for me. December, unless this changes, will be a disaster :(

Same for me, November was really a great month.

Maybe Youtube is trying to regulate views we are doing ?

In my personal account for example I noticed a big drop in number of news video made by other Youtubers being presented on my Home page.

Back