My top 10 videos (and therefore my channel) suddenly died!

caregiver12

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
On Saturday morning I noticed my realtime views dropped dramatically. I worked out that it was my top 10 videos that had dropped, and weren't being suggested anymore, and that was where most of my traffic was coming from.

channel.JPG

Here you can see the scale of the drop off. I have always been consistent at 90k views before 48 hours.

Sunday things almost went back to normal for 24 hours but Monday it died again, and things have been the same since.

Screenshot_20171205-132117.png

Here you can see how consistent I had been, but the first drop on Saturday, the small resurgence on Sunday and the drop again Monday.

Having looked at a few places it seems I'm not the only one affected. People from different niches, different upload frequencies etc... just randomly hit with this.

I've had no content or community strikes, and my channel is enabled for monetization. But for whatever reason, as it stands, my channel is dead. I am very upset as I've put lots of effort into this and the little money I was making was having a really positive impact on my life.

I'm not sure what anyone can do to help. But just wondering if anyone else has had this before, and what other possible reason there could be for it?

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Do you know where those suggestions/views were coming from? I'm wondering if there were certain videos that your videos aligned with as recommendations that now have something else recommended, or if the keywords are no longer trending.

caregiver12

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do you know where those suggestions/views were coming from? I'm wondering if there were certain videos that your videos aligned with as recommendations that now have something else recommended, or if the keywords are no longer trending.
Thanks for the reply - but if that was the case why did those videos 'come back' for a day then die again?

LIVEst

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter
I faced similar effect when google penguine update was implemented. Suddenly a huge drop in traffic from google. Dont know how it works on youtube. Maybe there was some search algorithm update?

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Both views and subs over the last couple of months have been pretty scattershot from my experience...(Bearing in mind im a relatively small channel) there have been days where I can walk away with 50-60 views a day at some points in the last few weeks...but then i'll go 3-4 days with bearly breaking a view (if that) subs have been the same (Though I have yet to see a recovery from this) I've gone from 3 subs a month on average to non in the last month or so....I think theres probably a bit of a shift since all that stuff involving Kids youtube kicked off...things are a bit messed up at the moment.

caregiver12

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Both views and subs over the last couple of months have been pretty scattershot from my experience...(Bearing in mind im a relatively small channel) there have been days where I can walk away with 50-60 views a day at some points in the last few weeks...but then i'll go 3-4 days with bearly breaking a view (if that) subs have been the same (Though I have yet to see a recovery from this) I've gone from 3 subs a month on average to non in the last month or so....I think theres probably a bit of a shift since all that stuff involving Kids youtube kicked off...things are a bit messed up at the moment.
My channel has been really consistent over the last few months though. It simply like someone switched off the lights on Saturday, turned them on again briefly on Sunday, and have now turned them off and kept them off.

All of my competitors are still fine. I speak to some of them and they've noticed that none of my videos are being recommended on theirs anymore.

It's like YT has blacklisted me or something. Really gutted.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Are the videos monetised? Do they have the Green $?

caregiver12

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Are the videos monetised? Do they have the Green $?
Yes and yes. And no strikes or any other hints as to why the channel has gone in this direction.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My channel has rollacoaster ups and down also but not quite as extreme as you have shown. I would suggest holding on for a week and see what happens. It must be an algo issue.

caregiver12

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah I have ups and downs like the rest of people, but it always seems 'fluid'. This is just a drop and the reason is my top videos are no longer being suggested anywhere...but I don't know why!!