My Thoughts about sub4sub

StoneyJohnson

Reaction score
Sub4sub, what does it mean?
Sub4sub isn't always the same...Sometimes it's friends or internet friends checkingout each others channel and subscribing. Sometimes its two people ona promoing website or a social network who do each other a favor. i get it and i think it's fine. but there is a last kind the one who is supposed to make you "famous" or "viral" its sub4sub websites, you click one link and sub to someone you dont even see any video or the channel. Just subscribe maybe 10 people, after 30 minutes you check your channel and have gained 12 subscribers "WOW" you think "I really can become famous" You click that subscribe button over and over again...With that you come up on other people subscribe list. Genius right? You have maybe gained 1000 subscribers and you show your friends without telling them the secret. One problem, even tough you have subscribers you dont have likes, comments or many views. This is a warning, THESE WEBSITES DONT HELP you dont become famous if noone but robots watch your videos! I used to do this yes. and i'm not happy about that. i deleted my channel immediently when i found out how addicted I was. And if you use this too i hope you realize the truth, ;) my new channel is going great and now i have 48 subscribers and 237 views. But i also have comments and likes!

watermelonR0Fl

Lord of the Melons
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
It can be tempting to try and take the fast track with these sort of things, but its best to play the long game and more importantly, enjoy yourself.

bwochinski

Gaming and Goofing
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
I don't get sub4sub at all. I couldn't even do it if I wanted to, as I'm already using my subscription list.
I guess you could have separate accounts for that stuff, but how inconvenient would that be!

thecomputertips

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
the only time i will ever sub someone is if i really enjoy their channel or they have done a favor for me so in return ill sub to them but the whole sub4sub thing seems like a waste of time for me.

Reactions: AnnaLovesVlogging

enzerutomoshibi

Evil Fairy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Reviewer
I don't like sub4sub because I know the people who trade subs will never watch my stuff. Just like how the people who add me to their contacts will never watch my stuff.

DeantheDinosauce

Cartoonist/Animator
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
It's subjective, I get that your standing up for Sub4Sub but it's general stereotype goes "You sub me, I sub you" which is avoided like the plague.

There's nothing wrong with Sub4Sub in subjective situations, if you sub to someone who does short films and you do animations and both of you like both, then everybody wins.

AnnaLovesVlogging

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Sub4sub reminds me of back when YouTube deleted a ton of dead/inactive accounts and everyone complained that their subscriber counts were going down. That's good! It means you have a far more accurate number of people who might be watching your videos. Not an inflated number of invisible people to make you feel all warm and fuzzy because you think your channel is more popular than it actually is.