My Songs Matched Third Party Content

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hi!

I'm not sure is this the right place to start this thread, I apologize if it's not, but I have a question and thought this forum would be the best place to ask.

I started a new channel recently and my plan is to upload only my content, music that I create and in future videos of me talking about different stuff with my own music in the background. I don't have any plans for partnership, I just started this, but I know that if, by any chance someone is to become a partner, he can have only his own material.
Anyway, after I uploaded few of my songs, using photos as a cover that I took personally (so the material is 100% my own) I got the ''matched third party notice''. honestly, I was surprised. It kinda bugs me, knowing that I uploaded my music and got this notice. Maybe it's not a big deal but I wanted to know is this normal thing on Youtube, is is happening to anyone else?
I will repeat that music is 100% my own, created using FL Studio. What can I do about this?

Vicboss

The Man who sold the world
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi!

I'm not sure is this the right place to start this thread, I apologize if it's not, but I have a question and thought this forum would be the best place to ask.

I started a new channel recently and my plan is to upload only my content, music that I create and in future videos of me talking about different stuff with my own music in the background. I don't have any plans for partnership, I just started this, but I know that if, by any chance someone is to become a partner, he can have only his own material.
Anyway, after I uploaded few of my songs, using photos as a cover that I took personally (so the material is 100% my own) I got the ''matched third party notice''. honestly, I was surprised. It kinda bugs me, knowing that I uploaded my music and got this notice. Maybe it's not a big deal but I wanted to know is this normal thing on Youtube, is is happening to anyone else?
I will repeat that music is 100% my own, created using FL Studio. What can I do about this?

wow thats so strange....if its 100% yours that shouldn't happen :S

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
That's what I thought, oh well.. I would like to hear those songs and see it for myself.

ViciousCritic

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
The music matching algorithms are not perfect, so similar sounding music could also match. Otherwise, remixes of popular copyrighted content would not be caught. See this tutorial for disputing it.

Reactions: Itskamren

paskyskiesss

I'm a peacock flying into a rainbow!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger
You can click the "Matched third party content" notice, then claim all the material used in the video is yours. That's what I did when I got the notice in one of my acoustic originals.

HealthyDury

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for the vid! Can having 'Matched 3rd party content' affect the standing of your channel? Right now my a/c is in good standing.

I have this for a couple of videos but they are videos that I can swap audio for, using YouTube's provided music.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
If you don't plan to become a partner, you don't have to worry about it. It doesn't affect your channel. When your video get blocked worldwide, then it's affected. I had those experiences with my previous channel when I was making funny gif compilations. I had to delete one that got really popular.

Anyway, I managed to get rid off one notice very easy, now I wait for their response on other two songs.