• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hello everyone!~

I posted my first video on August 14th 2017. That is now three and a half months ago. In those months I have been able to accumulate that miracle number 100. I remember starting out and thinking: 100 subs in a year, that would be cool. Then I hit 50 after two months and began thinking: okay, maybe I can do it in 6 months, awesome! And now, after three and a half months, I have hit that 100.

Now, I’ll be honest. The only reason I wanted a 100 subs, was because of the custom URL. I’m not in this for the views or the subs. I want to stay connected with my friends and family back home, share my experiences and meet new people. But I know a lot of you are actually aiming to grow, so I’ve dug into my subscriber analytics and mapped out how much subs I got per week. To be honest, I feel like a had a very average growth, so this might serve as a realistic view on getting a 100 subs.

Just to give you a reference on what kind of channel I am: I am a Dutch girl living in the UK for a year. I do vlogs and sit down talks about England, exploring and learning about the country. I upload 1 or 2 times a week, on Monday and Thursday/Friday.

So in my first two weeks you see I had quite a few subs joining me. This was because I promoted this video on my personal Facebook. As I mentioned, I made this channels for my friends and family back in the Netherlands. However, I didn’t upload a video until week 3. So, weirdly enough, in the week I actually started uploading my growth more than halved.

The second month was a slow crawl towards those 50 subs. I mostly gained subs from this forum, as I was (and still am) very active. I joined this forum the day before I posted my first vid, August 13th. I never promoted myself, but by interacting in threads of others and posing my own questions, people were kind enough to check me out :)

Now I’ll be honest I still have NO IDEA where that sudden growth in week 9 came from. I didn’t even upload very good videos this week. The only thing I can think of is my milestone post on this forum, but I can’t imagine that would have brought me 10 subs in a week. The growth stayed pretty good for the following two weeks, but took another plummet in week 12.

In week 13 I was back to gaining 8 subs in a week. However, the growth started to feel really slow, especially because I now was so close to that 100. At this point my goal was to reach a 100 before the end of 2017 and used that to ease my anxiety, as I was clearly going to make it. However, the growth in week 15 and 16 was excruciatingly slow.

We’re now in week 17, four months after starting my channel and three and a half months after uploading my first video. I’ve now claimed my custom URL and to be honest, I have no idea what I’m aiming for now xD

As I mentioned before, I’m not in this for the views or subs. I’m doing this because it makes me smile when my mom says she saw my video and liked it. It makes me happy when my friends from back home comment on my videos and I can interact with them. So that is what I would like to tell you guys. Don’t do Youtube for the numbers, do Youtube because you love making videos and reaching people :)

Edit:: Aaand back to 99 again xD Was expecting that one.
Edit2:: Dropped down to 98, but back to a 100 today. Celebrating a milestone is a bit hard when you keep losing it xD

Last edited:

AngelofGroove

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger
That's quite the analysis on your channel
Have you found out what type of videos pull in the most viewers/subs.

I've recently started to travel to Amsterdam and it's a very nice place and I've only seen 0.1% of the place.

It is a good feeling knowing that others have enjoyed your content.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Congratulations! : D You reached 100 subscribers really fast! :eek: I remember it took me 6 months to get to the 100 subscriber milestone. :) You have a really good ratio of subscribers to video views on your videos, which shows that your subscribers are watching your videos! ^_^

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Well done on those triple digits and keep up the good work!

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Congrats on 100 subs, and thanks for the detailed analysis on how you got there!

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
That's quite the analysis on your channel
Have you found out what type of videos pull in the most viewers/subs.
Well, it's mostly my videos/vlogs about England. So when I go exploring a specific place or talk about specific things in England. My 50 facts video did really well as well.

You have a really good ratio of subscribers to video views on your videos, which shows that your subscribers are watching your videos! ^_^
Yeah, I'm pretty happy with that n.n It also makes me a bit less sad when I lose subs, because they appearantly don't watch and thus unsub.

Well done on those triple digits and keep up the good work!
Thank you! I've fallen out of them already, but I'm up to a 100 again today xD

Congrats on 100 subs, and thanks for the detailed analysis on how you got there!
Thank you and you're welcome! I wanted my milestone topic to be helpful, as so many people are aiming for those first 100 :)

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello everyone!~

I posted my first video on August 14th 2017. That is now three and a half months ago. In those months I have been able to accumulate that miracle number 100. I remember starting out and thinking: 100 subs in a year, that would be cool. Then I hit 50 after two months and began thinking: okay, maybe I can do it in 6 months, awesome! And now, after three and a half months, I have hit that 100.

Now, I’ll be honest. The only reason I wanted a 100 subs, was because of the custom URL. I’m not in this for the views or the subs. I want to stay connected with my friends and family back home, share my experiences and meet new people. But I know a lot of you are actually aiming to grow, so I’ve dug into my subscriber analytics and mapped out how much subs I got per week. To be honest, I feel like a had a very average growth, so this might serve as a realistic view on getting a 100 subs.

Just to give you a reference on what kind of channel I am: I am a Dutch girl living in the UK for a year. I do vlogs and sit down talks about England, exploring and learning about the country. I upload 1 or 2 times a week, on Monday and Thursday/Friday.

So in my first two weeks you see I had quite a few subs joining me. This was because I promoted this video on my personal Facebook. As I mentioned, I made this channels for my friends and family back in the Netherlands. However, I didn’t upload a video until week 3. So, weirdly enough, in the week I actually started uploading my growth more than halved.

The second month was a slow crawl towards those 50 subs. I mostly gained subs from this forum, as I was (and still am) very active. I joined this forum the day before I posted my first vid, August 13th. I never promoted myself, but by interacting in threads of others and posing my own questions, people were kind enough to check me out :)

Now I’ll be honest I still have NO IDEA where that sudden growth in week 9 came from. I didn’t even upload very good videos this week. The only thing I can think of is my milestone post on this forum, but I can’t imagine that would have brought me 10 subs in a week. The growth stayed pretty good for the following two weeks, but took another plummet in week 12.

In week 13 I was back to gaining 8 subs in a week. However, the growth started to feel really slow, especially because I now was so close to that 100. At this point my goal was to reach a 100 before the end of 2017 and used that to ease my anxiety, as I was clearly going to make it. However, the growth in week 15 and 16 was excruciatingly slow.

We’re now in week 17, four months after starting my channel and three and a half months after uploading my first video. I’ve now claimed my custom URL and to be honest, I have no idea what I’m aiming for now xD

As I mentioned before, I’m not in this for the views or subs. I’m doing this because it makes me smile when my mom says she saw my video and liked it. It makes me happy when my friends from back home comment on my videos and I can interact with them. So that is what I would like to tell you guys. Don’t do Youtube for the numbers, do Youtube because you love making videos and reaching people :)

Edit:: Aaand back to 99 again xD Was expecting that one.
Edit2:: Dropped down to 98, but back to a 100 today. Celebrating a milestone is a bit hard when you keep losing it xD
Congratulations. It's a hard milestone and it feels amazing to hit it! Pretty quickly too! :)