My profits went down!

Oh, I see. So you are looking at the lifetime of your channel for the revenue, watching the number rise each day as you wait to reach $100, and then it suddenly went down. And you're thinking that shouldn't happen, because why would you lose what was already on there? That makes sense now, and it seems strange that it would happen. When you look at the line graph, is there a drop anywhere that shows a negative number that would explain why the total amount went down?

Thanks! That was exactly what happened, and at least it is weird for me. In fact all my videos started to show a fall (in terms of the estimated) in the lifetime option but I don't have any negative numbers. Neither views nor money. It just appears as if I hadn't earned that amount...

PS I have some videos that have more than 2k and they didnt even "make" 0.3$

Last edited:
I find it interesting when people talk about the difference between the 2, because my YouTube estimate is usually really close. For example, for 2016:

January: I ended up getting 8.5% more than what analytics estimated.
February: I got exactly the same as was estimated.
March: Exactly the same.
April: Exactly the same.
May: Exactly the same.
June: I got 1 penny less than was estimated.
July: I got 7 pennies more than was estimated.
August: Exactly the same.
September: I got 8 pennies less than was estimated.
October: I got 7 pennies more than was estimated.
November: Exactly the same.
December: I got 97.9% of what was estimated.

Maybe if you are earning pennies then its easier to estimate? I earn thousands of £pounds and its always off by several hundreds of £pounds.

Maybe if you are earning pennies then its easier to estimate? I earn thousands of £pounds and its always off by several hundreds of £pounds.
That's possible. I'm not earning thousands of dollars, but I am earning in the high hundreds each month. November, for example, was barely over $1,000 and that one was exactly the same.[DOUBLEPOST=1486685298,1486660121][/DOUBLEPOST]@EVO, I just realized that the USD is 80% the value of the GBP. You said your actual earnings are about 20% lower than YouTube's estimates. Did you make sure the YouTube estimates aren't showing in USD format?

Last edited:
Back