My profits went down!

GiBrIs07

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Lifetime for sure man! I don't know what's going on...

DearDarcy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
So If I can rely on my estimated, what could trust? hahaha
Hahaha unfortunately you can only really trust Finalised Earnings, google adsense has this :) but Estimations are just that, and give a good idea.. its why if you go on say socialblade and look at a popular youtuber there yearly estimations sometimes say like 32k-460k Thats a BIG gap :D

GiBrIs07

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hahaha unfortunately you can only really trust Finalised Earnings, google adsense has this :) but Estimations are just that, and give a good idea.. its why if you go on say socialblade and look at a popular youtuber there yearly estimations sometimes say like 32k-460k Thats a BIG gap :D
Well after all you are completely right estimations are estimations, I just hope to receive an answer from Youtube now.

xxheathermarie

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Youtube is not going to answer your email. I will tell you that. Estimations are estimates. Not exact figures. If you made $5 one month, and it dropped the next month, that is not YT that is your channel. The way adsense works is that EACH ad CHOOSES what value your audience is their company. One ad company may pay higher per 1k views than another company. There is no way of measuring how much you will be paid. Some say $1 per 1k views, but that is not true.

If you "made" more one month, and less the next... That could be because different ads are showing up on your videos, or you have less views this month than the last.

Besides you have 37 subscribers. You SHOULD NOT be worrying about ad revenue at this stage of your channel, and worry about quality content more. You will never see a single penny if you don't each $100, and that is a ways away for you. So don't focus on money, and focus on quality.

GiBrIs07

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Youtube is not going to answer your email. I will tell you that. Estimations are estimates. Not exact figures. If you made $5 one month, and it dropped the next month, that is not YT that is your channel. The way adsense works is that EACH ad CHOOSES what value your audience is their company. One ad company may pay higher per 1k views than another company. There is no way of measuring how much you will be paid. Some say $1 per 1k views, but that is not true.

If you "made" more one month, and less the next... That could be because different ads are showing up on your videos, or you have less views this month than the last.

Besides you have 37 subscribers. You SHOULD NOT be worrying about ad revenue at this stage of your channel, and worry about quality content more. You will never see a single penny if you don't each $100, and that is a ways away for you. So don't focus on money, and focus on quality.
Well I'm waiting an answer and it's probably that I get one since I got one before. I do not have many susbcribers and as far as I know this doesn't affect too much, as most of my views come from non-subscribers.

I had a doubt and wanted to know that's all. I'm partner long time ago (2015 maybe) but I didn't care about my videos then yet I got some incomes that ALWAYS remained the same and of course NEVER fell down. Lately I've been uploading new content and it raised up my views and channel a little as well as my profits but from ONE day to the NEXT ONE most of that "money" disappeared. Obviously I felt bad but more than that I was curious about that.

I am NOT talking about what my incomes per month are, I mean from the beginning...
Let's say for instance (not my real incomes)

Nov 5$
Dec 10$
Jan 3$

Total would be 17-18, this appeared a few days ago, but know it goes something like 9 and dropping...

Last edited:

xxheathermarie

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
So I pulled this from Adsense.com

Note:
  • Estimated revenue may differ from finalized payments due to various adjustments and do not include partner-sold and partner-served advertising revenue.
  • Earnings data typically displays 24-48 hours after the end of the day, Pacific Time. Sometimes it might take a couple of days longer to appear, in this case, please check back again later.
  • Finalized revenue can be found in the downloadable monthly reports approximately 10 days after month end and are visible on the AdSense payment page within 15 days after a month’s end.
Were you looking at estimated or finalized revenue?

Reactions: GiBrIs07

GiBrIs07

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
So I pulled this from Adsense.com

Note:
  • Estimated revenue may differ from finalized payments due to various adjustments and do not include partner-sold and partner-served advertising revenue.
  • Earnings data typically displays 24-48 hours after the end of the day, Pacific Time. Sometimes it might take a couple of days longer to appear, in this case, please check back again later.
  • Finalized revenue can be found in the downloadable monthly reports approximately 10 days after month end and are visible on the AdSense payment page within 15 days after a month’s end.
Were you looking at estimated or finalized revenue?
I want to thank you all people to take time for answering this thread. I apprecite it a lot. Actually in my adsense account things are worse hahaha
So considering my last example were I said 9(estimated), my adsense shows 4...
Anyway one thing is true I haven't reached the minimum amount so even If I had 99 it would be as if I didn't have anything. What you said is also true I need to work more on content but seeing your numbers grow motives you too and all this issue confuses me.

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Oh, I see. So you are looking at the lifetime of your channel for the revenue, watching the number rise each day as you wait to reach $100, and then it suddenly went down. And you're thinking that shouldn't happen, because why would you lose what was already on there? That makes sense now, and it seems strange that it would happen. When you look at the line graph, is there a drop anywhere that shows a negative number that would explain why the total amount went down?

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You should just ignore the YouTube estimated revenue as even after YTs cut I still find it at least another 20% lower when it hits my Adsense account as a finalised earning.
So now I just check Adsense around the 15th of each money to see how much I made the previous month.

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
You should just ignore the YouTube estimated revenue as even after YTs cut I still find it at least another 20% lower when it hits my Adsense account as a finalised earning.
So now I just check Adsense around the 15th of each money to see how much I made the previous month.
I find it interesting when people talk about the difference between the 2, because my YouTube estimate is usually really close. For example, for 2016:

January: I ended up getting 8.5% more than what analytics estimated.
February: I got exactly the same as was estimated.
March: Exactly the same.
April: Exactly the same.
May: Exactly the same.
June: I got 1 penny less than was estimated.
July: I got 7 pennies more than was estimated.
August: Exactly the same.
September: I got 8 pennies less than was estimated.
October: I got 7 pennies more than was estimated.
November: Exactly the same.
December: I got 97.9% of what was estimated.