BlockyLive

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Introduction
Hi, My name is BlockyLive I'm a small YouTuber trying to make it on YouTube. I did some research on how to become successful on this platform. As every youtube knows it's hard to make it on YouTube so I want to tell you my plan on creating a successful youtube channel. I organized this guide in four parts(not including this introduction). Before I start I want to say that I'm not big yet. These points are just some things I learned from doing research. They may or may not help you and this is my first guide as well. Make sure to put any concerns in the comments section. Just wanted to point it out there, let's start.

Mindset
As a YouTuber, you need to have the time and the commitment to your channel. Be prepared to work very hard on your videos. You should be posting at least once a week. Like all things the more work you put in more you will get out. Also, you need to be ready to receive hate. The more you grow you will encounter many haters. Just ignore theses comments and move on. On the other hand, you will get support and constructive criticism make sure to listen to people that are politely expressing their concerns about your channel. They are not haters, listen to what they're saying and change your channel.

Presentation
When people first come to your channel they will see your channel page. On this page, they will see your Logo, channel banner, and your playlist and videos. It is important that you set up your channel so it looks nice and presentable. The first thing you want to do is to lay out your front page. Go to the gear next to the subscribe button and add your channel trailer, playlist, uploads etc. Next, your gonna want to make a banner and logo. If you don't have any money use gimp, pixel or paint.net. I personally think gimp is the best one but, pick what works best for you. If you have a bit of a budget get photoshop. If you didn't know Photoshop is a nonlinear photo editor. It has lots of features but it comes with a hefty price tag. All of this software have lots of tutorials that can help you out if you need it.

Video Creation
Making quality videos are probably one of the most important parts of your youtube career. You're going to need decent equipment to create your videos. Note : most of my channel is made up of free stuff and it's pretty good quality for a starting youtube channel. Before I tell you about creating videos, some of this advice might not pertain to you depending on your youtube channel type. First, you need to have something to record with. If you want to get a webcam then get a decent webcam. I recommend The Logitech C270 if you're on a budget the Logitech C920 if you have some cash. Use obs if you're going to record your screen it's free. If you're gaming you need a good computer that can handle the load of recording and actually play the game. If you're on a console then use a capture card and connect it to your console. The next thing you're going to need is a microphone to record audio. You need to have a good mic so people can hear you. I have the blue snowball. If you have $100 then get the blue yeti. These are very good mics for starters. For your thumbnails, you're going to need a photo editing software. I use gimp as a free alternative to Photoshop. You can watch many videos on how to make thumbnails. Make sure the picture is at 720p or 1080p. The last software you're going to need is a video editor. This software can be very pricey and there are not a lot of free alternatives. But I use Hit film for my videos. Another good free software is Lightworks.​

Now that you have the equipment you're going to want to make the video. Firs thing of ideas for your video. You can make a gameplay series a review anything. You're going to want to be energetic and passionate about your videos so pick a topic that best suits your video. When you're done edit your video and upload it to YouTube. When your video is uploading you're going to need to learn about SEO. SEO stands for search engine optimization. This topic is very hard to explain properly so I recommend you to watch someone like Derral Eves, or the Video Creators channel. They will explain is much better.

Promotion
So promotion is very important for a youtube channel. This is the best way to directly lead others to your channel. I noticed a lot of people on this forum having a problem with this topic. So I'm going to try to explain my methods of promoting. First, this site is a good place to start. If you do a profile page with all of your info on it will probably be very beneficial for you. Plus as you post a forum you channel link is clearly visible. I got a lot of views from this site so it works. Next, you can use social media. Twitter, facebook google plus are very good platforms to promote on. They may not get a whole lot of engagement but it still a good method of promotion. Finally just interacting with people will sometimes get you some views or subs.

Conclusion
So I hope this guide helped you. I just want to try to help others as much as possible. I want all of us to have a successful youtube channel. These are some of the strategies that I plan to use for my channel. Make sure to do your own research because there is a lot more stuff I did not talk about in the post. This is my first guide and I would be very happy to hear your feedback. So this has been BlockyLive signing out.
:#1:

Reactions: Redford1900

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks, for mindset I think two other things are key for success, and that is;
1) Patience, it's a marathon, not a sprint.
2) Have fun, if you don't like what you make, you will not be able to keep up long enough to become successful

Good luck with your channel!

Reactions: BlockyLive

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
You don't define what is big on YouTube or what it means to make it. I think you need to set these as achieveable goals first. I'm not going to write anymore

Reactions: BlockyLive