My Personal Advice.

Moe Othman

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey everyone, i started video creating on youtube about 2 months ago, but i was always experienced with youtube since the origin in 2005, so experienced all the colors of youtube and here's just some personal advice i can tell you.

Be patient - Most famous youtubers actually went through ALOT of s**t with their channel, some had to even start all over and some took like 8 years just to get popular. Ray William Johnson, only had 50 subs the WHOLE FIRST YEAR when he started..... 50. I get 50 subscribers per day So, be patient.

Originality - OMG, i cant tell you how easy it is for the audience to tell if you're faking it, or stole the concept from another youtuber, the audience notices EVERYTHING! So be yourself, and dont try to hard, it makes you look like a "tryhard", and most people won't come back. People remember these things.

Have Fun - seriously, if your goal is to be famous and live happily ever after, just throw your camera out the window. Having the wrong intentions is just like the students in my Pre-Med classes, they are there just for the money, but almost all of them ended up quitting it because it was too hard and they werent passionate enough.

My personal tip: Don't overthink your videos, i know this may sound weird, but some youtubers script their videos, some dont. Find what works best for you; i personally, CAN NOT script my videos, it wont come out right, and i just dont like it. The majority of the stuff i say and do is much more funnier if its delivered naturally. But some people aren't like that, so just find what works for you.

Ask yourself, if you were watching your video, would you subscribe to this person?

If you have any more questions etc, just leave a comment below. and i'll try my best to help, im very good with these things lol.

Sincerely,
Moe

Talooka

Weirdo With a Beardo
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Other
I see you do mostly vlogs, and I kinda wanted to do like a monthly vlog, but how do you figure out what to talk about without boring the audience? Or does it not matter what you talk about but more of HOW you talk about it? :confused:

Moe Othman

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's more of how you say it. It's like the punchline to a joke. But I also can ask my followers on twitter,facebook, etc what they would like me to talk about.

Reactions: Talooka

Mike Kowalski

Director of ImaginationLand
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm not trying to promote myself, but I have always been curious about this. Since you are going through the process of getting popular quickly...do you see the kinds of videos I make getting me popular? I'm not really in it for the popularity (I am studying digital media and want to do videography as a career) but I do enjoy people watching my videos. Most of the stuff on my channel is kind of film-like...the thing is I don't see a lot of popular people who do what I do

so would you see the stuff that I do get more recognition?

Moe Othman

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm not trying to promote myself, but I have always been curious about this. Since you are going through the process of getting popular quickly...do you see the kinds of videos I make getting me popular? I'm not really in it for the popularity (I am studying digital media and want to do videography as a career) but I do enjoy people watching my videos. Most of the stuff on my channel is kind of film-like...the thing is I don't see a lot of popular people who do what I do

so would you see the stuff that I do get more recognition?
i actually enjoyed the videos you've made, you seem very down to earth, and I can see you earning more subs, but keep in mind, it'll probaly take a while, because it doesnt bring in anyone instantly.

Do i see you getting 100,000+ Subs quickly? Honestly, not exactly. But for some reason, i feel like you're one of those people who will get/create a viral video about something.

Mike Kowalski

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i actually enjoyed the videos you've made, you seem very down to earth, and I can see you earning more subs, but keep in mind, it'll probaly take a while, because it doesnt bring in anyone instantly.

Do i see you getting 100,000+ Subs quickly? Honestly, not exactly. But for some reason, i feel like you're one of those people who will get/create a viral video about something.

You've said it the best out of everyone I have asked, and I appreciate that. I don't see myself getting big instantly, and that's cool with me. And I do agree that at some point, I'm gonna have some video that hits big. And I appreciate that you enjoyed my videos :)

The one "Me" is a good example of what I want to do more of, that and music videos

but thanks again :)

Moe Othman

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You've said it the best out of everyone I have asked, and I appreciate that. I don't see myself getting big instantly, and that's cool with me. And I do agree that at some point, I'm gonna have some video that hits big. And I appreciate that you enjoyed my videos :)

The one "Me" is a good example of what I want to do more of, that and music videos

but thanks again :)
That video was actually really cool, and theres a guy on youtuber who did videos just like you, and he has 80,000 subs. His videos are interesting/heart warming.

but just follow what you think feels right. Dont stress it.

Reactions: Mike Kowalski

Mike Kowalski

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That video was actually really cool, and theres a guy on youtuber who did videos just like you, and he has 80,000 subs. His videos are interesting/heart warming.

but just follow what you think feels right. Dont stress it.
Yea I'm not too worried, I'm doing this stuff mostly for me and to get better seeing as I want to have a future in it...but I don't mind getting views and people who like watching them ;)