My one BIG tip!!

ThatIsMyTake

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Hey guys! So, I've actually been an avid YouTuber on a different channel for a WHILE now but that was not a serious one like this one where I actually make videos and work on them and such and I got one BIG tip for any newbies out there, which for some reason I feel gets overlooked a bit.

Short and sweet videos are your BEST friends starting out. It really does depend on the style of videos you are uploading but honestly I would say to get people hooked first before you go onto making 10 minute videos. However, like I said, one's definition of "short" is subjective based on what style videos you make. I just wanted to share that, though. :)

Reactions: capturedbytee

capturedbytee

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Gamer
I'd agree on keeping them short and sweet when one is just starting out as new viewers are very picky so don't want to end up wasting precious time on long and disappointing content.

2CanadianGamers

Certified Canadian
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I agree. My Let's Play type videos get far less views and likes then my short but sweet clips. Great tip!

2CanadianGamers

Certified Canadian
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
How do you mean sweet?
I think he means rather then having long videos with some mildly entertaining commentary or action you can have very short clips of something very interesting (aka sweet). Don't mean to try and promote myself but if you want some examples a lot of my videos are like this.

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Hey guys! So, I've actually been an avid YouTuber on a different channel for a WHILE now but that was not a serious one like this one where I actually make videos and work on them and such and I got one BIG tip for any newbies out there, which for some reason I feel gets overlooked a bit.

Short and sweet videos are your BEST friends starting out. It really does depend on the style of videos you are uploading but honestly I would say to get people hooked first before you go onto making 10 minute videos. However, like I said, one's definition of "short" is subjective based on what style videos you make. I just wanted to share that, though. :)
Very well said :D I totally agree! Some of my favourite videos in the entire world are about 3 minutes long!

ThatIsMyTake

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Glad you guys all agree. I personally am only willing to watch longer videos if I've been a fan of the person for a while! And "short and sweet" is just an expression in America (I know not everyone here is from America) but we just say "short and sweet" it's a shorter version of "short, sweet, and to the point." hehe.

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Glad you guys all agree. I personally am only willing to watch longer videos if I've been a fan of the person for a while! And "short and sweet" is just an expression in America (I know not everyone here is from America) but we just say "short and sweet" it's a shorter version of "short, sweet, and to the point." hehe.
It's also a common one in Aus as well as the UK :)

Reactions: ThatIsMyTake

Disneyboy89

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
I think he means rather then having long videos with some mildly entertaining commentary or action you can have very short clips of something very interesting (aka sweet). Don't mean to try and promote myself but if you want some examples a lot of my videos are like this.
Thanks, that would make sense, rather than "sweet" from the schoolbooks in 3:rd grade :p
That is a good tip!

2CanadianGamers

Certified Canadian
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's also a common one in Aus as well as the UK :)
And in Canada! :D