My older videos are dropping frames for no other reason?

Charlie Guyman

So I posted this last night, but now I’ve noticed it’s gotten worse; multiple old videos of mine seem to be having awful framerate issues for some reason.
I uploaded them all at 720p with crisp, 30 fps game footage, but now they’re stuttering at random, down to 10 FPS at extended intervals. It’s not random either, it’ll happen for a while and then stop at specific times and go back to 30 FPS. I have no clue what’s going on, I’ve check on two different phones and two different computers and it’s happening to the videos on all fronts. Really don’t want to have to download and reupload all these old videos! (I’ve redownloaded them, and they work fine in VLC, 30 FPS all the way through)

Anyone else experiencing this craziness? Any help at all is greatly appreciated.[DOUBLEPOST=1530222265,1530222119][/DOUBLEPOST]Doesn’t seem like I can post links here but if you want to check on the issue yourself, the video is “Top 10 Scariest Monsters in Games” by Purposeless Rabbitholes. It’s happening to a couple of my other Top 10 videos and it’s really confusing me, I’ve never seen this happen anywhere else.

Did you check out the specific “Top 10 Scariest Monsters” or “Top 10 Forgotten Gems Vol. II”? If not, could you by any chance? I would really appreciate it. It’s only happening to these two way older videos, as far as I can tell.
Thanks so much for checking once already!

So I just checked again, you’re right, no issues anymore. I’ve checked muullttiipplleee times today, super baffling that it’s fixed out of nowhere. I wonder what caused the issue, the frame skips were massive on multiple devices in multiple places, and I had other people confirm it on Reddit.
Fingers crossed it doesn’t happen again![DOUBLEPOST=1530260503,1530260112][/DOUBLEPOST]Aaannnddd it’s still happening on the YouTube app, but not when I go directly TO YouTube.com on my phone.

... this is super weird.

Back