My new idea!

IftiBashir

Undiscovered....
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I have a good few subscribers on youtube now, and in order to 'reward' them, and gain new subscribers of course, I have created a quick video on my channel where I plan to give something to two, randomly chosen, subscribers to my channel and post it to them for free.

I have plenty of stuff laying around that I could post off, and this keeps my current subscribers happy, as well as tempt new viewers to subscribe to me.

After every new video I mention the giveaway and link to it to tempt people even further!
I'm trying to get to the 5k subscribers mark by the end of this year!

Reactions: JohnKenShow

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
Do you want people watching you because your content is good? or because you give stuff away?

IftiBashir

Undiscovered....
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I tend to do a bit of both to be honest. The giveaways gain some subscribers, who tend to stick around as they see the type of content I'm getting up.
I gave away an iPhone, for example, and it gained me a good number of subscribers. Once the competition finished, I only lost 2 or 3 subscribers, the rest stuck with me as I uploaded new videos.
I find it works pretty well - while the giveaway is live, try to get more content up so the subscribers have a chance to see what type of channel it is, and they tend to stick with you ;)

Chef Kendra

Chef and Video Creator
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
With the quality of your channel, I don't think getting to 5000 subs will even take to the end of the year. BTW I like your idea, good luck with it. :)

Reactions: IftiBashir

IftiBashir

Undiscovered....
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
With the quality of your channel, I don't think getting to 5000 subs will even take to the end of the year. BTW I like your idea, good luck with it. :)
Thank you.
Not had as many hits on it as I thought I would have at this stage, but its steadily growing........ ;)