My Negan Videos VS The Church of Later Day Saints.

GiggaVega

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
DUDE!!!!!!
I have a great story for you all. I love the Walking Dead & I like many of you am Negan... but I AM NEGAN & half this forum's sh*t belongs to me! lol So being a stand up kinda guy that I am I decided to make a compilation video of my favorite Negan moments. I spent days editing & cutting up episodes until I had enough to make 3, 12 minute videos.
So I upload the video, youtube processes the video & within 5 minutes of uploading I get a copyright claim from both AMS & The LDS. I figured LDS was something to do with AMC. AMC flagged a portion they felt was too long as they considered it not transformatory enough. So I edited & cut it down, re-uploaded it & AMC geve me the thumbs up. BUT minutes later LDS blocked the video WORLDWIDE!
I was like WTF? They showed me the 2 parts they flagged. So I obliged & cut away the 2 scenes. & re-uploaded & again LDS flagged & blocked the video with 2 other sections they flagged & I again obliged. This kept happening & I ended up spending 15hrs re-editing & rendering & uploading & they kept doing it to me. The video ended up being 6 minutes & was still not good enough. I decided to look up the LDC & wouldn't you know it, it was The Church of Later Day Saints. I reached out to Youtube on their social media, asking them how an entity that has no claim to the Walking Dead can claim & block my video worldwide, over & over even though I obliged them & bent to their will? I never got an official response from Youtube but within 30 minutes of me reaching out to ALL Youtubes social media, the videos got unflagged from Worldwide & were broadcasted everywhere but Canada & the US (strangely enough) That was a small victory, but because of the constant back & forth claims, Youtube was not pushing the videos :(
I decided to make a last attempt & re-uploaded the 2nd itteration of the video under the title Negan, My all time favorite Baseball player lol, no copywrite claims but the damage was done, did not get pushed & saw only 51 views. I'll include the thumbnail (Yes that is a real sword & her name is Jojo after my girlfriend & she is AWESOME! (leans back).
I hope you all got a kick out of my experience & I hope you took example to never give up, if you are in the right. If you want to watch it let me know & I'll link it.

Attachments

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
From the YouTube Terms of Service: URL https://www.youtube.com/t/terms

"If you choose to upload Content, you must not submit to the Service any Content that does not comply with this Agreement or the law. For example, the Content you submit must not include third-party intellectual property (such as copyrighted material) unless you have permission from that party or are otherwise legally entitled to do so."

I know you will cry "Fair Use!" as soon as you see this post; so I will "head you off at the pass", so to speak. Here are YouTube's own words on the matter of Fair Use, courtesy of the YouTube Creators Channel.

• Haha
Reactions: GiggaVega

GiggaVega

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Lol I'm sure you like to always be the one in the right seeing how you predicted how I was going to respond. You clearly did not read what I actually wrote. I was not claiming that my video should not have gotten claimed, I was contesting WHO claimed the video. The LDS (Latter Day Saints) do not have any hold of AMC & they unjustly claimed & blocked my videos. I had ZERO issue with AMC claiming the videos as is their property which is also why I tagged the video with all their stuff.
So let me be loud and clear for you, THE CHURCH OF THE LATTER DAY SAINTS CANNOT CLAIM SOMETHING THAT DOES NOT BELONG TO THEM, IN WHOLE OR IN PART . WHICH IS WHY YOUTUBE RELEASED LDS' CLAIM!
I hate when people do what you did. The post was a story, an experience, and most of all an example of how you can fight a system and come out the victor. Not cool... not cool at all. Let's see what Negan has to say. Negan:

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I did read what you actually wrote. And I first question that the claimant is actually the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints; an acronym like that can be used by multiple companies. Did you bother to contact said church to see if they were the actual claimant?

The second thing is that even if the claimant doesn't own the rights to the content, neither do you. YouTube's Help section says that one should only dispute claims where you own the rights, the content is in the Public Domain, a mistake in identification of the material in question has occurred, or you hold a valid license to the content. YouTube's Terms of Service forbid you to upload content you don't own the rights to or hold a valid license for in the first place.

Since it is certain you aren't the actual rights holder, my next question is: Do you hold a valid license for the material in question? If you don't and you continually pull moves like this, you should expect to lose your channel one day for abuse of YouTube's legal process.

Just because you get away with something once, doesn't mean this will happen forever.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: GiggaVega

GiggaVega

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Yes; you can very well laugh with all of your 229 subs, and 11,845 views. Keep up the laughs and the faith also; and maybe one day, you'll actually get to my level.

Have a great week!
Powerfully negative stuff my friend, powerfully negative stuff. This is what I was waiting for. Give a person enough time and they will eventually show their true character.
UkHypnotist, that's a interesting choice for your representation. I love absolutely LOVE how my tiny little existence in the face of your magnitude affected you. You actually went to my tiny little community and scoured my insignificant numbers and put them side by side to make sure your d**k was bigger than mine. It's not by the way, not even close.
You matter so little to me that I never even considered nor will I ever go to your channel. Just like my channel as you so belittled with your superiority complex and clear p***s envy, you do not matter to me.
Most people ignored my thread but you felt the need to try to crush somebody's dream.
Lastly, with absolutely no due respect to you, because you deserve none, if you are 63, you've got plenty of years ahead of me, use that time to reflect.
Now politely, p**s off and have a great day, Trump bless you.
(My job here is done, I hope now as you stew in anger as you read my reply in its entirety (which you will consider denying you did) I hope you realize how uncool your attempt on me was)
GiggaVega out.
Image result for negan gif

Last edited:

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Goad someone enough, and yes; you will get what you ask for...

Well If I had an organ of the sort you're waving around so proudly, I certainly wouldn't endanger it by showing it within a country mile of you. No respect for humanity, and certainly no respect for yourself. You show 100X the negativity I have; so again I tell you to have a great week.

This 63 year old grandmother of 9
is outta here!

Last edited:

GiggaVega

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
You did not have to reply AT ALL to my thread, yet you did & this is the outcome. I am a stand up guy, I was more than respectful & I gave you the opportunity to back off & understand my point, which you clearly did NOT. You felt the need to belittle my channel & community I have built in a span of a little over a year, we are tight and I am HELL proud of what I have accomplished especially since I had ZERO training or knowledge of videography.
You did not have to belittle my Tiny insignificant group, every effort counts, every person counts regardless of 20 subscribers, 200 subscribers or however many subscribers you have.
I never attack people & I always give the chance to everybody, some of my subs were even adversaries & turned joined my little community & to this day stay active. But when people insist & persist, well then it's the iron for them.
Now let's put this to an end because I wish you no ill will.
Thank you.
Image result for negan gif

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Ok, I think everyone needs to calm down and stop with the insults. Disagreeing and even arguing is fine but "Ad hominem" attacks are not fine.

Attack the argument, not the person. Thank you.

GiggaVega

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Ok, I think everyone needs to calm down and stop with the insults. Disagreeing and even arguing is fine but "Ad hominem" attacks are not fine.

Attack the argument, not the person. Thank you.
I agree, we both ceased.