My most popular video got blocked Worldwide!

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My dispute got reject, and if I were to dispute it again, which would probably be rejected again, I would get a strike. So I don´t dare to dispute it again!
Which sucks, since I felt I was going somewhere with the channel! but I will continue with the channel!
You still have one option to keep your video with all the views and even have it monetized. Simply replace the audio with a free song from YouTube's audio library. In your creator studio click on Copyright Notices, then on the edit for the video and go to Audio and replace the music. Wait some hours and new version of the video with replaced audio will be there. I know it won't be the same video as the original, and probably the song was the reason it got so many views, but you will be clear from copyright claims and eventual future problems.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would just accept the 'smack on the wrist' and move on. You got a lot of views (And possibly subs) from this video which you shouldnt have posted.
Its a learning curve for us all. Have you got other similar videos on your channel? Just not been caught with them yet? Might be wise to remove them before you do?

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I would just accept the 'smack on the wrist' and move on. You got a lot of views (And possibly subs) from this video which you shouldnt have posted.
Its a learning curve for us all. Have you got other similar videos on your channel? Just not been caught with them yet? Might be wise to remove them before you do?
I have similar videos, which hasn´t the full song in them.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
My dispute got reject, and if I were to dispute it again, which would probably be rejected again, I would get a strike. So I don´t dare to dispute it again!
Which sucks, since I felt I was going somewhere with the channel! but I will continue with the channel!
I did try to warn you this would happen.

Continue with the channel by all means; but change direction. No more fancam videos; the next claim might be a without-notice strike. I see people being terminated for copyright violations daily on the official Help Forum; you don't want that happening to your channel.

Again I urge you: if you have more fancam videos on your channel, delete them now, before you get strikes. YouTube has a 3 strikes and you're out rule for copyright violation, and counter-notices which claim a user owns rights where he or she actually does not, are also ending in account terminations with the reason of filing fraudulent information on a legal form.

In other words, an accusation of perjury.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
My second most popular video (with 17K views) got blocked worldwide as well, by the same company, so I decided to delete every Fancam Babymetal video, so spare the channel! Should have done this earlier! Thank you for the advice!

Reactions: videoeditgr