My Monetization is lower with Adsense than Youtubers with Partners

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi, both me and my brother are youtubers, I realized that even when my views were higher than his, even by a lot, he was still earning much more + he's partnered with Machinima on a 90-10% split on premium membership or something. While I'm just with Google Adsense which is apparently 100% revenue given to me.

For example this month I have 33+ million views while he has 20 million views and his earnings are still roughly £2000 or £3000 higher than mine, both of us were uploading very similar videos also. This isn't the 1st time this happened, there were occasions where I had more views often yet my payments were still way lower ALWAYS. Any explanation?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I think Machinima also have their own ad sales team. So in other words, there are ads which aren't available on adsense which may have a higher CPM. Or, it could just be a difference in demographics of both your channels. Compare the countries where your views are coming from. Views from India won't earn as much as views from the USA or the UK, for example.

robertjones

Reaction score
Last month I was partnered with MCN but they unpartnered my channel, now my channel monetization is through Adsense and CPM has gone quite low

Johnjackallen

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Could also be the type of videos being uploaded, I tried to check out your channel, but the link doesn't work! But if your brother is uploading videos that advertisers prefer that could be a big factor!

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We would need both channel IDs to possibly give an explanation.

hasanpasir88

Reaction score
Your niche is gaming. Several reasons i can think of.

1. Maybe you got more copyright claimed video.
2. Maybe your brother got more 10 min videos and more mid roll ads.
3. And that machinima ads sale team which is unlikely.[DOUBLEPOST=1525005251,1525005095][/DOUBLEPOST]
Your niche is gaming. Several reasons i can think of.

1. Maybe you got more copyright claimed video.
2. Maybe your brother got more 10 min videos and more mid roll ads.
3. And that machinima ads sale team which is unlikely.
4. Your video got soft demonetize. Did you check your coverage % in adsense? Is it in the norm?