My Livestreams have become "boring"?

Abdullahx9000

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So I just recently started getting a few messages from a couple of loyal viewers/friends and they told me that my streams are getting a little boring/stale. I am streaming on YouTube btw, were I usually get around 100-200 views on a livestream by the time it is finished. Just recently those views have been going down on each new livestream to something around 50-100, and some of my regulars disappeared. Some of them do show up, but they stay there for a couple of minutes and say hi. I am not entirely sure what the issue here is. Could it be that I have been on a "break" for 2 months without making many videos? (I had barely time to make one).

I completely lost here =[ What do I do? Channel is: Abdullahx9000

Demetrius

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I started streaming recently and haven't gotten more than 7 viewers at a time up to this point, so in my eyes 200 or 100, you are a big huge success.

Anyway, when it comes to streaming, it's easy for me to see how viewers can tire of a streamer due to how easy it is to overindulge. What started off fresh and new can become stale and boring in a matter of weeks or even days.

For whatever they're worth, here are my thoughts about how to resolve your predicament:

1. Either add more variety to your channel or try talking to your current viewers and see what they would like to see. Differentiate yourself, make your streams a special experience that viewers can't get anywhere else. I recently began following The Cardboard Cowboy on Twitch and his streams are something else.

2. Focus on growth & ways to grow the channel rather than the lost viewers. "Churn" is a part of business. All businesses lose customers over time and that is part of the reason they are constantly marketing & advertising. Every customer (or viewer) that visits won't be a repeat (or lifelong) customer and that is why you must constantly be focused on growing and reaching new customers/viewers.

Abdullahx9000

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I started streaming recently and haven't gotten more than 7 viewers at a time up to this point, so in my eyes 200 or 100, you are a big huge success.

Anyway, when it comes to streaming, it's easy for me to see how viewers can tire of a streamer due to how easy it is to overindulge. What started off fresh and new can become stale and boring in a matter of weeks or even days.

For whatever they're worth, here are my thoughts about how to resolve your predicament:

1. Either add more variety to your channel or try talking to your current viewers and see what they would like to see. Differentiate yourself, make your streams a special experience that viewers can't get anywhere else. I recently began following The Cardboard Cowboy on Twitch and his streams are something else.

2. Focus on growth & ways to grow the channel rather than the lost viewers. "Churn" is a part of business. All businesses lose customers over time and that is part of the reason they are constantly marketing & advertising. Every customer (or viewer) that visits won't be a repeat (or lifelong) customer and that is why you must constantly be focused on growing and reaching new customers/viewers.
Thank you a lot for the great ideas! I will look into The Cardboard Cowboy to see how he makes it special. I will also ask subscribers/viewers what they want to see. Hopefully I will be able to make the content more interesting

vitofaber

I've Got It
Reaction score
audience will feel excited if your stream can make them figure out the solution in their life. so you should ask them in community tab about next stream

Reactions: Abdullahx9000

Abdullahx9000

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
audience will feel excited if your stream can make them figure out the solution in their life. so you should ask them in community tab about next stream
Can you elaborate further on that?

vitofaber

I've Got It
Reaction score
Can you elaborate further on that?
so you should answer these questions by yourself:
1. your channel focus on?
2. what are your audience need?
3. what type of content makes your audience feel excited?
4. last but not least, you should research videos of successful streamer

Pinta77

Reaction score
So I just recently started getting a few messages from a couple of loyal viewers/friends and they told me that my streams are getting a little boring/stale. I am streaming on YouTube btw, were I usually get around 100-200 views on a livestream by the time it is finished. Just recently those views have been going down on each new livestream to something around 50-100, and some of my regulars disappeared. Some of them do show up, but they stay there for a couple of minutes and say hi. I am not entirely sure what the issue here is. Could it be that I have been on a "break" for 2 months without making many videos? (I had barely time to make one).

I completely lost here =[ What do I do? Channel is: Abdullahx9000
I've always had the opinion that streaming video games was rather boring to watch. Why watch someone playing a game when I could just play it myself? There are a few exceptions, 1.) Of course if you're a naturally entertaining person, 2.) If you're particularly skilled or knowledgeable at the game, and you have something to offer by people watching, then people might see value in watching you play. You have probably heard that before.

The 3rd thing I just recently learned is people may be interested in watching if you're playing a particularly niche game. I never stream, but I have a new channel with only 10 subs. I've been at it for like 2 months. I did a video playing an old mmo on gamecube, and that video has over 300 views right now. A lot of people in that games community were interested even though I'm not that funny, and I'm definently not skilled at that game. They were just interested to see someone new playing their game.

Now if you're tryna play Fortnite or something, that 3rd point is going to be completely useless, just thought I'd give a crack at this.