My lighting setup

Lin

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No problem. Glad to help! :cool:
I actually have trouble finding the tutorial you are referring to :( Could you please PM me the link? My lighting setup works fine, but it never hurts to see if I can make it even better.

M424Filmcast

Director, Producer, Short Filmmaker, Musician
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Vlogger
I actually have trouble finding the tutorial you are referring to :( Could you please PM me the link? My lighting setup works fine, but it never hurts to see if I can make it even better.
Sure, I will pm you.

M424Filmcast

Reaction score
Channel Type
I posted a message to your profile. Let me know if you got it, or if you need more help.

3 Schmoes

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
You can also use something as simple as a white piece of poster board to bounce light onto your face. You'd be surprised how well it works.

Reactions: ThatsCohmedy

ThatsCohmedy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
You can also use something as simple as a white piece of poster board to bounce light onto your face. You'd be surprised how well it works.
That's pretty cool. Right now I'm trying to do some magic to get my backlighting to work. The Cowboy Studio kit comes with the key, fill and backlights, but I'm working in a tight space and the backlight is reflecting too much off the white wall behind me.

Today I'm going to try putting the backlight in a little storage bench with the lid slightly open. Hoping that makes it hit just my back and not the wall, while keeping the bench out of frame.

If anyone else has any other thoughts. I'm all ears :). Excited to have real lights for the first time in my life!

M424Filmcast

Reaction score
Channel Type
That's pretty cool. Right now I'm trying to do some magic to get my backlighting to work. The Cowboy Studio kit comes with the key, fill and backlights, but I'm working in a tight space and the backlight is reflecting too much off the white wall behind me.

Today I'm going to try putting the backlight in a little storage bench with the lid slightly open. Hoping that makes it hit just my back and not the wall, while keeping the bench out of frame.

If anyone else has any other thoughts. I'm all ears :). Excited to have real lights for the first time in my life!
There are a couple things you can do. One, take advantage of the reflection, and light up the white wall even more. This will give you what is called an "infinity white" background which is common these days. It gives everything a bright, happy look.

You can also buy some black poster board and make a "barn door" to help direct the light and keep it from going where you don't want it to go. Just get creative. If you need more ideas, let me know. I can help you figure something out. :cool:

Reactions: ThatsCohmedy