My HD Youtube banner loses quality when uploaded on Youtube

F3q

I just recently created a new banner for my new channel and saved it in HD. However, when I upload it as my channel art on Youtube, it loses quality. On the device previews, the image looks high quality, but ends up losing quality when it's up. I could really appreciate some help.

Youtube is going to compress/optimize the image but that shouldn't make much of a difference. Are you sure the image is large enough/the proper size and not getting resized/blown up, which would make it look blurry/fuzzy?
FWIW when i look at your channel the image that's there now looks great on my iPad.

Youtube is going to compress/optimize the image but that shouldn't make much of a difference. Are you sure the image is large enough/the proper size and not getting resized/blown up, which would make it look blurry/fuzzy?
FWIW when i look at your channel the image that's there now looks great on my iPad.
Yes, the banner is the appropriate size for Youtube's requirement

Like i said, YT will compress it, but i dont think that's usually noticeable. You dont really have any control when uploading the image, so assuming there is no issue with the image, there isnt much you can do.

Like i said, YT will compress it, but i dont think that's usually noticeable. You dont really have any control when uploading the image, so assuming there is no issue with the image, there isnt much you can do.
Alright, it's pisses me off that it won't be the way I want it to be. Thanks for the support

Hi.
Have you tried using pixlr to create a banner. I searched around and ended up using it to make my banner and it turned out great. Perhaps if you used it, you could get your banner uploaded with great quality

As a web developer myself I find that I need to explain this to you a bit further, everything that you upload to the internet will always be compressed on any site unless it's a self storage site like google drive or onedrive etc. The reason for this initially was to let service providers save on storage, but now with storage being so cheap it doesn't really matter. The new reason for compression is website loading speed. If everyone had a 25MB youtube banner, can you imagine how long that would take to load whenever someone on a slower wifi connection went to that channel? When you download a 25MB program installer, it probably doesn't download instantly, it may only take a second or so, but if you added that time to simply loading a webpage than you certainly would notice it. Not to mention if people had to cache these images on their computers they would run out of cache space really fast. Catch my drift?

Back