My friend was threatened by AT&T to cut their Internet for Youtube Content ID claims? (Not Strikes)

NotATuber

Reaction score
My friend uploads youtube videos and I make music, so I let my friend include my copyrighted music in their videos so we can share the monitization revenue since my friend's channel isn't solely monitized as of yet.

Well, my friend gets copyright claims on all the videos with my music and these claims are Content ID NOT copyright strikes.. and apparently AT&T just sent them a letter saying they would cut off their internet due to these copyright claims... This would make sense if they were copyright strikes, but they are not strikes, only content ID claims

I'm confused because Youtube guidelines say that if the uploader has no problem with copyrighted content ID claims on their videos, to simply leave the claim alone and no harm is done. However, despite leaving them alone this seems to be a very serious and harmful issue that I'm not sure how to help out with.

We would both like to keep making profit off our work together but I don't want my friends internet to be shut off or have their Youtube channel taken down...so how do we get around this??

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the copyright, claims, strikes, and legal discussion forum. :)

I really don't have any helpful info, but I've seen a lot of copyright threads over the years, yet I've never heard of someone's internet service provider getting involved like that... :eek: That's a new one to me.... :eek: