My friend doesn't edit their videos?

I guess it depends what kind of content he actually wants to display, but if its for comedic purposes? No way, you can't physically be funny for 40 minuets unless you're a total PRO videos cut into their top bits or funniest parts are always best imo, I don't really wanna sit through 20 minuets in a 40 minuet video of someone just... not talking while they concentrate on the game...
Thats just me though, I guess

My first few videos where unedited like a 20 min video could have been 7 mins don't know what i was thinking, but i agree some editing does need to be done.

Edit... Edit... Edit... And when you are done watch it again and edit it some more. The more "dead" time you can get out of the video the better!

yes if you don't wanna edit videos, live stream i mean it's hard to watch past 5 minutes and if the video is boring people will leave within 3 minutes, you gotta keep em occupied so that maybe they stay for the whole video....at least that's what i try to do

Editing your videos is super important in YouTube, if you don't you lose your viewers interest. People don't want to sit through long, quiet or awkward moments.

that's silly, As a filmmaker I know that you should always film as much as possible so you can edit down to most important. Even though this is gaming he should be editing what's important

I don't really see why there's an issue with full length let's play series.
The likes of Chuggaaconroy and MasaeAnela have full lenght videos, while they are always entertaining and interesting to watch/listen to.

I edit, but then I upload the almost unedited thing because my edited version is terrible. I am still practicing. Normally what I upload is very short anyways because I only record 15 minutes at a time (well, i try too) and I edit the way the video looks, like the brightness and sharpness ( as if I were editing a photo) and I line up the sound the best I can and upload it. Right now I am working on cutting out the moments I am not saying anything, but I can't necessarily do that in series like Fran Bow because I don't want anyone to miss the story line. But I need to work on cutting out deadspace On games like little platformers and stuff. I would not leave an Overwatch video unedited, if I ever record overwatch that is. I probably won't but you know.

Back