Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

My friend doesn't edit their videos?

Discussion in 'Video Editing, Recording, Software & Hardware' started by Werppeoo, Jan 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Werppeoo
    Cash:
    $30
    I have a friend who makes gaming videos, and he doesn't edit the videos. Seriously, he posts forty minute videos in Overwatch, in which the only cuts are of queue times. I can't stand to watch unedited videos like that, it drives me crazy. I've asked him why, and he said he doesn't need to edit them because he's funny enough on his own. Anyone else met anyone like that?

S_Mielz likes this.
  2. iMSaiyan
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $629
    If he is cutting the queue time then it essentially is editing, just not heavy editing and or good editing. Still editing though.

3. Werppeoo
    Cash:
    $30
    Fair enough. It's just odd to me, there are long parts of constant silence, option changing, stuff like that. I just wonder why not cut that out? It just seems to slow the video down, overall losing people's interest.

4. iMSaiyan
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $629
    Then he's the one who's going to be suffering from them views and subs!

5. Matboksen
    Give me your food
    Cash:
    $2,158
    I don't see any problems with that if that is what he enjoys doing.
    I prefer to watch long full let's plays (as long as they are keeping my attention) rather than very edited videos.

JeriKane and Werppeoo like this.
  6. GBeeTV
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $59
    Don't worry about someone else bro, do you. Kwebbelkop and Vikstar also don't edit their vids and although they are crazily popular I can't stand watching them. Most of my work goes into editing my gaming video's.

7. Werppeoo
    Cash:
    $30
    I know, just a topic of discussion

8. adams eats
    YTtalk Mad
    Cash:
    $97
    It's actually very hubris of him to assume he's funny enough to allow what is basically laziness in my view. Even the biggest comedians in the world wouldn't dream of letting out unedited footage on a dvd! What about all the dead space, mess ups etc? If I didn't edit my videos they would be far too long and boring. I mean who wants to watch me stir a pot of sauce for 20 minutes

9. Pheelyks
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $29
    There's many YouTubers like that. I've seen plenty that upload long, barely edited videos for one reason or the other. There's also some that upload short, unedited videos. I'm guessing the second type does so in order to have more videos to upload.

10. Hopeless Insomniac
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $152
    I guess let him do what makes him happy. But personally I couldn't sit through that