My First Video - Introduction style; need some questions to answer

Mullisnax

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Good day from Japan!

I am about to start up my channel and would like to make my first video an introduction type of video. I am planning to talk about myself like where I grew up and how I got to where I am now. I also wanna talk about my goals for my channel, but feel like with just that it might be too short and thought about seeing if anyone has any questions that I could answer in my video and I would give you a shout-out to your channel.

But, if I am in the wrong on this idea please let me know below :)

I'm currently waiting for my drone and gimbal to come in to really start up my videos, but do plan to do a little bit of stuff to just get started.

Reactions: allthingstodd

aabet915

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
3 main characteristics about yourself / top 3 interests?

Also, if you'd take an adventure / vacation where would it be and why?!

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Mullisnax

Mullisnax

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thank you! I'll definitely add those in :) pm me your YT channel and I'll give ya a shout-out in the vid

Nvm I see your link now lol wasn't showing up on my phone

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi and welcome to the forum and good day from Denmark:)
I also wanna talk about my goals for my channel, but feel like with just that it might be too short
If it´s a channel intro you want to make I suggest you keep it short. I think it works best with intros that are not to long. I had an intro on my channel a while ago and I think it was about 30-40 seconds. I changed the intro to a regular video though cause i found out the video had a bigger apeal to the people coming to my channel:) But yes, channel intros can be very tricky

Mullisnax

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hi and welcome to the forum and good day from Denmark:)

If it´s a channel intro you want to make I suggest you keep it short. I think it works best with intros that are not to long. I had an intro on my channel a while ago and I think it was about 30-40 seconds. I changed the intro to a regular video though cause i found out the video had a bigger apeal to the people coming to my channel:) But yes, channel intros can be very tricky
I'll definitely keep that in mind. Like I don't want it to be my channel trailer kind of deal, but an intro vid talking about myself, my channel, and so on; however, if I should still keep it around the 30-40 secs mark I won't be able to really throw in a Q&A unless I go with a Q&A video and uploaded it as my first video until I get some footage.

allthingstodd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Reporter, Vlogger, Comedian, Commentator
Good day from Japan!

I am about to start up my channel and would like to make my first video an introduction type of video. I am planning to talk about myself like where I grew up and how I got to where I am now. I also wanna talk about my goals for my channel, but feel like with just that it might be too short and thought about seeing if anyone has any questions that I could answer in my video and I would give you a shout-out to your channel.

But, if I am in the wrong on this idea please let me know below :)

I'm currently waiting for my drone and gimbal to come in to really start up my videos, but do plan to do a little bit of stuff to just get started.
Hey! Not a bad idea. Just keep in mind the general public is very mean lol. They are more interested in your content in the beginning than you as a person. So try to make it as captivating as possible. I would aim for about 1min20sec. trailer. Pair that will some cool music (non-copyrighted) and some awesome visuals and you'd be all set.

Whats your Channel going to be about/showcase?

Mullisnax

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey! Not a bad idea. Just keep in mind the general public is very mean lol. They are more interested in your content in the beginning than you as a person. So try to make it as captivating as possible. I would aim for about 1min20sec. trailer. Pair that will some cool music (non-copyrighted) and some awesome visuals and you'd be all set.

Whats your Channel going to be about/showcase?
Thank you! And I'm not worried about the critiques, whether good or bad. My channel is for fun and laughs, but if I get big for it, the more the merrier. I'm here to enjoy life. I'm making a series called Far From Home and it's based on my life while traveling abroad; anything from mundane, day-to-day tasks to exploring the world one step at a time.

allthingstodd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Reporter, Vlogger, Comedian, Commentator
Thank you! And I'm not worried about the critiques, whether good or bad. My channel is for fun and laughs, but if I get big for it, the more the merrier. I'm here to enjoy life. I'm making a series called Far From Home and it's based on my life while traveling abroad; anything from mundane, day-to-day tasks to exploring the world one step at a time.

Oh then you're def gonna be a huge Channel. People LOVE travel Channels because they always have the best visuals. Let me know when you launch your Channel because I want to subscribe and check out your content!

Mullisnax

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Oh then you're def gonna be a huge Channel. People LOVE travel Channels because they always have the best visuals. Let me know when you launch your Channel because I want to subscribe and check out your content!
Sounds like a plan! Waiting on my drone and gimbal to come in as well so I can get some good content rolling.

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Hiya, welcome to the forum. I hope you have a lot of success with your channel. I'm gonna mix things up a bit and look at answering your question in my own way. Only suggestion.. you may want to rethink doing an intro video that likely nobody will see it anyway. Consider thinking more about what the viewer gets from the experience not yourself. Successful videos offer something like a 'how to' or something entertaining, educational, or that exploits their interest in a niche or trending topic etc. Its whats in it for them.. they don't care whats in it for you. They have to have a reason to watch.. which probably won't be to find out 'how Mullisnax grew up and how he got to where he is now'. Instead maybe think about something you have learnt on your travels abroad that might really benefit someone else to know. Find out if there is active search volume for that particular topic and make a kick as* video. Then people may want to learn more about you afterwards.