• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

My first milestone (on here at least)...

Mrcento

Reaction score
Woke up to see i'd hit 20 subs, seriously delighted and can't thank every one of them enough.

I'd vowed if i hadn't broke into the 20's by the middle of January, i'd stop making videos because no matter how much praise those who do watch your vids give, it's hard not to feel that you're just not good enough when it feels nobody is even willing to watch them and the ones who do just don't seem to like them "enough" to subscribe for more. (even though i know myself how picky a youtuber i am when it comes to subbing and i usually watch about 30 vids before deciding to sub someone lol)

Anyway, i was probably 80% sure the channel was over, views were actually regressing, i was drawing abuse for zero reason other than crazed fans of big channels can't accept other people playing the same thing as their favourite and nobody else has a right to make videos. So yeah, it might "only" be 20, but by hell it's an incredible 20 and i couldn't be more thankful!!

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Congrats on. Reaching that milestone. Never give up. I was stuck at 35 subs for ages! Then I had a growth spurt and now I'm at 135. You'll get there mate don't worry ☺

Reactions: Mrcento

Pluto

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Woke up to see i'd hit 20 subs, seriously delighted and can't thank every one of them enough.
We all hit walls like that, its great that you persevered through it. Keep making videos if you enjoy it man, your following will grow.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Congrats on your milestone! Here's to many more.

PureDangles

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Nice job! I would never set goals and saying if you dont hit them you would be done youtubing though. Make the videos for yourself and because you enjoy making them. Then the subs and views will come!

Mrcento

Reaction score
Nice job! I would never set goals and saying if you dont hit them you would be done youtubing though. Make the videos for yourself and because you enjoy making them. Then the subs and views will come!
Thanks, but it's hard to keep up the enthusiasim out of the joy of making videos when nobody clicks on some of them.

And i mean, nobody. I've had videos (and even canned a whole series already) because i couldn't even get a single view on it. Viewers and content go hand in hand, without one there's no real point of the other.

The only positive of getting no views is the fact you can say "well i can't blame the quality of the video itself if nobody has even looked at it to not like it!" haha.

PureDangles

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks, but it's hard to keep up the enthusiasim out of the joy of making videos when nobody clicks on some of them.

And i mean, nobody. I've had videos (and even canned a whole series already) because i couldn't even get a single view on it. Viewers and content go hand in hand, without one there's no real point of the other.

The only positive of getting no views is the fact you can say "well i can't blame the quality of the video itself if nobody has even looked at it to not like it!" haha.
So i guess my one tip to you is to advertise your video better. Dont spam your video, but post your video in places where people can see it. Banking on people finding your videos just on a youtube search/related video is very tough to do with no views.

Keep your head up, and work hard on getting your channel to grow. I work for 2+ hours a day on days when i release a video and barely get 50 views on some of them.

Envision Adventure

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Well it's great that you stuck with it. I was stuck at 9 subs for a month and my views were going down. I stuck with it and now I've had some nice growth again. You just gotta keep going. Congrats on 20 subs!

Mrcento

Reaction score
So i guess my one tip to you is to advertise your video better. Dont spam your video, but post your video in places where people can see it. Banking on people finding your videos just on a youtube search/related video is very tough to do with no views.

Keep your head up, and work hard on getting your channel to grow. I work for 2+ hours a day on days when i release a video and barely get 50 views on some of them.
i do that! problem is a lot of places are very, very against self promotion and wont let you. And in some cases when a "big name" also plays the game, you're done for because they'd rather wait a week to watch their video on the game than watch a "nobody" (in their eyes).

And i'm just going to put it out there that a relatively "big" youtuber (we're talking nearly half a million subs) knows of my channel and all of a sudden started doing things i do in videos, as well as started incorperating things i do in editing... then you get their crazed fans saying you're a cheap copy of said youtuber when all they have to do is look at when i started doing these "details" and when they came into their favourites videos.

Advertising is partly why my LSPDFR series gets the views it does (record so far is 89 views. most pull in about 30-35, specials tend to pull in around 50 views), if i do non LSPDFR, i will be very, very lucky to hit 5 views. If it's a relatively obscure game, i'll get 1 view, 2 tops. When that's the case it's just not worth an hour or more of recording, up to 2 hours editing, potentially another 2 rendering and depending on length and size of video. up to 6 hours upload.

anyways thanks everyone for the nice comments :) i've been ill the past few days so ready to get back to uploading again!