My first attempt at making a cinematic fight sequence in PUBG.

Shloppie

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've only been using Sony Vegas Pro for about 2 months. I know theres hundreds more effects I could use I just need more experience with the program I suppose. Sometimes I like the feel of the raw clip, for more of a natural effect. If anyone has advice on how I can make the video more "dramatic" please let me know. I was aiming for the sarcastic, comedy, dramatic, kind of video.

TY

Shloppie,[DOUBLEPOST=1515086278,1515045404][/DOUBLEPOST]Whoops, guess I forget to post the video. :D

Last edited:

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think you leave the clips on for way too long, it feels a bit too slow overall. I also don't feel like the text works really well, it's hard to tell everyone apart as it is, but for example on the Donuts22 one it's not clear who that is anyway. The whole thing is also a bit confusing IMO and a bit hard to follow. At the beginning you make it seem like only 2 people are in the fight but there's a third one firing from below.

Also other than the very beginning, each clip doesn't really flow well from one to the other. You jump between locations a lot and it's not really clear who's shooting who a lot of the time.

If you want to get the whole cinematic look I'd recommend recording at 24fps (that automatically makes it look more cinematic) and you could even record in 21:9 instead of 16:9 (or crop the video down when editing it). If you want to continue doing this it might be worth looking into colour grading as that would help too.

With all that said though it is a very good first attempt and it wasn't painful to watch or anything XD.

Shloppie

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey thank you very much. One of my biggest problems with making videos is that I have no form of quality control. I just say to myself, ok that looks good and I release it. I'll be making another one, and I'll definitely using your input when I create it.

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey thank you very much. One of my biggest problems with making videos is that I have no form of quality control. I just say to myself, ok that looks good and I release it. I'll be making another one, and I'll definitely using your input when I create it.
You're welcome, feel free to DM a link to me once you've done it so I can have a look if you want :).

Andie_the_Lab

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
yeah you need to black bar in - and in areas that aren't gameplay but ingame camera work like from 0:03-0:05, you could speed up that zoom in and then add another zoom in effect. (unless you're trying to preserve game play to original content)

but if it's cinematic, black bars and some color grading work wonders.

Shloppie

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
yeah you need to black bar in - and in areas that aren't gameplay but ingame camera work like from 0:03-0:05, you could speed up that zoom in and then add another zoom in effect. (unless you're trying to preserve game play to original content)

but if it's cinematic, black bars and some color grading work wonders.
Hey thanks for the advice. I had to google color grading , but I think next time I do something like this I can make it far more dramatic. Ty!