My film crew wants to rename the channel?

ArkusEon

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've been doing Youtubing seriously for eight months or so now, and my recent videos feature funny moments in gaming with my closest friends.
We've been getting more organised, but they've always been happy being my "film crew" up until now.

The other day, they got me into their Skype call to discuss the channel's future. They first said that they wanted to make their own channels, which I was very happy with. They then said that they wanted to create a new "group" channel for any videos we all do together, similar to how TheCreaturesHub operates.

Don't get me wrong, I do like this idea, but the issue is that my channel will fail if it's left with videos of just me playing games solo. I'm not a very funny person - my talents lie in editing, branding and design. I just have a passion for playing video games, too.

As a result, I've offered to simply rename and rebrand my current Arkus Eon channel - we've started brainstorming ideas for a new name and the like, but I'm not really sure I want to go through with it. It feels like I'm losing control over my own channel.

I can't simply say "no" because without them my videos are trash, but if I say "yes" then I won't really have a say in what content goes up anymore - we often disagree on the next video that should be done, so I can see this being a disaster.

What should I do?

Andrew Flint

Adobe Certified Associate & Post Student
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I think you need to come up with a content schedule. Each person gets their own day on the channel. So one day you get to post the video you've worked on, the next another member does and so on. This way it will be a shared channel for all of you and you're all happy.

Ben Smith

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Comedian
My personal opinion would be to not split or anything as of yet and work on what you've already got! Your channel seems to be doing well and if you're all getting more organised then thats even better. I can understand why they would want there own channels but personally working together would be a lot easier and then once that channel is all good and nicely recognised you can use that popularity to help advertise each other and develop your own channels.

Saying this, you should also not consider them as your "Film crew" as this makes them seem below you, you should all be equal in charge of the channel and decide together what goes onto it.

A schedule would not hurt either as this would help give them their own space to put up there own stuff! and then as the channel expands they can move there stuff onto their own channels.

Unfortunately this would mean you would have to Rebrand your channel but sacrifices have to be made to succeed!

Again, just my opinion. Good Luck!