My Fidget Spinner App Video Has Limited Ads For Innapropiate Content

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
The clue is basically in the title but I am very confused, I posted a video today reviewing really bad fidget spinner apps, but it got the new gold icon next to the monetisation almost immediately.

It says that this video may not be advertiser friendly so it has limited to no ads, but I don't understand why, I literally just did a video on fidget spinners, and I just cannot work out whats so inappropriate about it. I have asked for it to be reviewed but they cant review it until it get to 1000 views which could take a long time.

I'm not really bothered as I only earn pennies from youtube anyway I just monetise just in case a video gets popular (probably will be just my luck that this one will), but it just made me laugh how youtube has said that.

Can anyone explain why this might be the case?

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The clue is basically in the title but I am very confused, I posted a video today reviewing really bad fidget spinner apps, but it got the new gold icon next to the monetisation almost immediately.

It says that this video may not be advertiser friendly so it has limited to no ads, but I don't understand why, I literally just did a video on fidget spinners, and I just cannot work out whats so inappropriate about it. I have asked for it to be reviewed but they cant review it until it get to 1000 views which could take a long time.

I'm not really bothered as I only earn pennies from youtube anyway I just monetise just in case a video gets popular (probably will be just my luck that this one will), but it just made me laugh how youtube has said that.

Can anyone explain why this might be the case?
I have posted my issues about this flag in a thread in the Monetization and Partnership forum. Be aware that it's 1000 views for 30 days, not until the video reaches 1000 views. My further investigations on the problem:
The flagging of videos as inappropriate, sometimes appears to be totally random. I had some videos flagged, I deleted them and re-uploaded with everything the same, and they seem fine, only to find that some other video in the channel was flagged. And this issue appears only on my second channel, while on my main channel all new videos are okay. I guess this new flagging system is still in it's early stage and it's not fine-tuned yet, so it gets a lot of false positives. Once YouTube bugfixes the system, everything will be back to normal, minus the videos already flagged that will stay de-monetized for the time being, unless they become popular some day.

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have posted my issues about this flag in a thread in the Monetization and Partnership forum. Be aware that it's 1000 views for 30 days, not until the video reaches 1000 views. My further investigations on the problem:
The flagging of videos as inappropriate, sometimes appears to be totally random. I had some videos flagged, I deleted them and re-uploaded with everything the same, and they seem fine, only to find that some other video in the channel was flagged. And this issue appears only on my second channel, while on my main channel all new videos are okay. I guess this new flagging system is still in it's early stage and it's not fine-tuned yet, so it gets a lot of false positives. Once YouTube bugfixes the system, everything will be back to normal, minus the videos already flagged that will stay de-monetized for the time being, unless they become popular some day.
Does this mean that the bug won't get fixed on that video?

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Does this mean that the bug won't get fixed on that video?

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk
Can't tell for sure. I had some flagged videos mysteriously unflagged, while other videos got flagged (probably to keep the balance). And I also have videos that are listed in the limited or no ads filter, but without golden $ icon. It's still to early to make conclusions, but one fact is for sure - if you have your video flagged, the ads disappear from them.