My entire channel got demonetized for 'Duplication'

Steverd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I can see that many channels stole my videos.. Is YouTube punishing me the real creator and not them !!! I have a list of all my stolen videos .. Should I email YouTube with that ?
YES, you will have to let Youtube understand that the duplicates are from people using YOUR videos,
Not the other way around. Maybe someday they will get Content ID working right for the average users.
Please keep us updated.
Steve

Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I can see that many channels stole my videos.. Is YouTube punishing me the real creator and not them !!! I have a list of all my stolen videos .. Should I email YouTube with that ?

Yes contact YouTube and tell them. Good luck.

Reactions: ASMR Amour

ASMR Amour

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Dang yeah like other people said contact youtube about this. I am willing to bet the people who stole your content has a smaller channel so your argument will see legit to them I bet. I am willing to bet you will get this resolved though itll be okay. This is why alot of creators don't rely on Adsense from their videos though because fluke things like this happen without warning.

Steverd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Makes be think, should I watermark my videos?
Why would anyone want to "Use" any of my footage?
You never know I guess.

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Duplication might mean that you are repeating the same content over and over on your channel.

Some people lost their channel because they had visual content that was used or very similar to their other videos and only the music was changed.

YouTube doesn't want the system to be flooded with repetitive content especially when it comes to the kids category.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Duplication might mean that you are repeating the same content over and over on your channel.

Some people lost their channel because they had visual content that was used or very similar to their other videos and only the music was changed.

YouTube doesn't want the system to be flooded with repetitive content especially when it comes to the kids category.
That statement makes me frightened for my main channel!

I do "video series" where Binaural Beat, hypnotherapy and self-composed Ambient Music are grouped under "themes". I tend to use the same video backing for each video in a series at times. I am also under a Music Aggregator who does "Album Art Videos" all of which will have the same album cover as video for tracks belonging to the same album.

That agregator is Phonofile which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Music. If YouTube starts hitting music aggregators claiming "Duplication", they stand to lose some of their most lucrative commercial partners.

Looks to me as though there is another algorithm which badly needs tweaking if YouTube isn't going to be forced down the road to admit it has shot itself in the foot yet again.

Omar Koudri

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Emailing YouTube support was really useless.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crown

Omar Koudri

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
just a question please :
my channel was linked to fullscreen mcn and its not linked anymore ! should i contact fullscreen to link it ! because i can see that i'm using adsense now !
Also : for those channels who stole my videos ! should i strike all of them !
thanks !

Last edited:
Reactions: markkaz

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
my channel was linked to fullscreen mcn and its not linked anymore ! should i contact fullscreen to link it ! because i can see that i'm using adsense now !

It sounds like Fullscreen didn't help you at all with the copyright problem. In fact it sounds like they dumped you so why would you want to go back to them? :)

Omar Koudri

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It sounds like Fullscreen didn't help you at all with the copyright problem. In fact it sounds like they dumped you so why would you want to go back to them? :)
I made a post at fullscreen facebook group + email.. but they didn't care even that I'm with them since 2015... And my channel have 140 k sub + 50 million view.. Also now, I sent them an email to link my channel again because I still have a contract with them, and all I get is a stupid answers that make no sense... I can stay with adsense but in my country we have a problem of payment from AdSense... So the main reason to stay with fullscreen is the method of payment "PayPal".
Hope if there is anyone from fullscreen here to link my channel again !
Thx.

Reactions: videoeditgr