My CPM is still down 50%. How about yours?

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
How about now?
I can see it by clicking on the attachment at the bottom at least. But I didn't think about people who haven't had their channel for a whole year. For yours it would be better to change it from "Last 365 days" to "Lifetime". But also, that just shows your revenue. You need to click the "CPM" tab to isolate that.

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Okay. One thing I don't understand is why it says that I have made $392.16 in Youtube Ad revenue when is reality Google has only paid out $205.62. I understand that something are only an estimation, but the estimate here is not even the ballpark. Can you help me understand this?

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
dropped by about 20% after new year, recovering now its down about 10%

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Okay. One thing I don't understand is why it says that I have made $392.16 in Youtube Ad revenue when is reality Google has only paid out $205.62. I understand that something are only an estimation, but the estimate here is not even the ballpark. Can you help me understand this?
Just a heads up to @Idec Sdawkminn and @Jungle Explorer - You might want to remove your CPM screenshots as strictly speaking, it's against Google's TOS to do so. :)

Really? Thanks for the heads up! DONE!

Is there a reason why? Just curious.

Reactions: Crown

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Just a heads up to @Idec Sdawkminn and @Jungle Explorer - You might want to remove your CPM screenshots as strictly speaking, it's against Google's TOS to do so. :)
I wondered about this. I've edited it to hide the values that the line refers to. That would still show it rising or falling, and that's really what the OP is wondering about.
So they paid $205.62 total for the life of your channel? Was the last payment you got from them around January 22nd? If so, if you change the graph to show how much you made from the beginning until December 31st, does it more closely reflect how much they paid out? Because the payment around January 22nd was for what your channel made in December. You'll be paid in about a week for what you made in January.[DOUBLEPOST=1487268531,1487267207][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, I just found where it mentions it in the Adsense terms and conditions:
9. Confidentiality

You agree not to disclose Google Confidential Information without our prior written consent. "Google Confidential Information" includes: (a) all Google software, technology and documentation relating to the Services; (b) click-through rates or other statistics relating to Property performance as pertaining to the Services; (c) the existence of, and information about, beta features in a Service; and (d) any other information made available by Google that is marked confidential or would normally be considered confidential under the circumstances in which it is presented. Google Confidential Information does not include information that you already knew prior to your use of the Services, that becomes public through no fault of yours, that was independently developed by you, or that was lawfully given to you by a third party. Notwithstanding this Section 9, you may accurately disclose the amount of Google’s gross payments resulting from your use of the Services.
The bolded part shows that you can't show how well Adsense performed, such as amount per ad or CPM, but the underlined part shows you can still tell people how much you made overall. Although, with the YouTube analytics only showing you that service's estimation, is it still disclosing actual performance?

Reactions: Crown

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Idec Sdawkminn. $205.62 is the total for the period my channel has been monetized. I have had my channel since 2007, but only monetized it this last July in 2016. I have over 800 subs. I average over 25,000 views and over 80,000 watched minutes a month.

JesusGreen

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Are you looking at the revenue screen, or ad rates? The "Your estimated revenue" number should be 99% accurate, however the "YouTube ad revenue" number in your "Ad rates" screen is how much you've earned Google, not how much you've earned for yourself. For example if you earned like $200 in a month, then the revenue on the ad rates page should be like $300-400 because that's how much your ads earned in total, and you get a cut of that.