My Consultation with a YouTube Partner Manager (notes)

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for sharing @xingcat , I read the whole post twice, but must admit that the part that interested me the most was

Does this automatically happen at 10,000 subs? Do YouTube contact you and offer this, or its it up to the creator to contact them do you know?
I'm pretty close to the magic 10K now so super-interested!
I received contact around 30k subs if I remember rightly. It appeared on my dashboard to register my interest / give contact details etc.[DOUBLEPOST=1504606220,1504605875][/DOUBLEPOST]
Very cool report! Was it face to face by email or what? It makes me want to join in that community and help out to jump ahead in line
When I had the same I was given several options.
In person face to face in London workshop (Not done)
Via telephone (done)
Via Skype (done)
Via email (done)

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Very useful, thank you! I actually picked up on most of these things on my own, but it is nice to see it confirmed by a Youtube expert :)

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I had a consultation.

It was useless.
Sure. What works for one channel may not work for other channels. There are many factors that make a channel successful. Thousands of channels are literally copying the top channels and they are nowhere near to the top channels. The consultation gives you hints, tips and suggestions from someone involved and having behind the scenes information, that will most probably help and improve your channel. But there are cases where the consulation won't work at all. Just like any suggestions in any part of the life. Most of the time they work, but sometimes they don't.

YoungWildMe3

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We need to work on this too, thanks for the info.

TheBattProductions

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Sure. What works for one channel may not work for other channels. There are many factors that make a channel successful. Thousands of channels are literally copying the top channels and they are nowhere near to the top channels. The consultation gives you hints, tips and suggestions from someone involved and having behind the scenes information, that will most probably help and improve your channel. But there are cases where the consulation won't work at all. Just like any suggestions in any part of the life. Most of the time they work, but sometimes they don't.
I genuinely don't know if they taught me anything in my consultation. It really felt like it was totally impersonal and not specific to my channel.

DayaVera

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is gold! Thank you so much! I will implement this on my channels :dance:

ShireenPlaysYT

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That's very good advice, those are the main must haves for YouTube!

I'm trying to do everything on that list and the only I don't have is the trailer...