My channel turned into a monster

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I would literally make a video addressing this exact concern. Vocalize what you meant this channel to be, why you uploaded that video, what kind of videos you will and will not continue to create in the future and then kindly (or if it were me not so kindly) tell them to gtfo if they don't like it.

Reactions: KingUsher

KingUsher

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would literally make a video addressing this exact concern. Vocalize what you meant this channel to be, why you uploaded that video, what kind of videos you will and will not continue to create in the future and then kindly (or if it were me not so kindly) tell them to gtfo if they don't like it.
What visual said^^do a channel update video to let people know and you might get some that leave and some people that might stay but after that the loyal ones will always support you.

Reactions: Brandon

Kevin Muldoon

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
This is a problem that occurs sometimes when a YouTuber uploads something that is wildly different to their main content.

I guess I can understand why some subs were unhappy. They saw you had uploaded lots of drone videos and assumed that is what your channel was about. When you uploaded something that was completely unrelated they were perhaps annoyed (subscribers can be fickle).

It looks like you have a love for technology. If you are happy to continue doing more drone and camera related videos then you have a solid base to move forward.

If you want to do something else, you should. At the end of the day, this is your channel. You will never stick at it if you are not enjoying it so it is important to do something that you have a passion for.

Knowing that it is better to focus on one or two broad topics, where do you want your channel to be in one year? Where do you want it to be in five years? As the old saying goes, it is better to be at the start of a path you do want to follow than half way down on you don't.

Reactions: Keyser Reveal

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Do both. Do not separate the channel content nor address it. Your channel is aptly titled as a vlog and if people expect only one certain type of video, then they're ignorant to begin with. You don't need those type of followers.

Case in point: Casey Neistat. The dude (used to) make daily vlogs with the occasional non-vlog video detailing different topics. People are in it for his directing style, personality, and overall interesting lifestyle. This can be you as well. Casey deploys different types of content. In his case, he has the general vlog content that gives his most loyal subscribers more content to watch. He also has something that is categorized as "hero" content (which can be the same as your drone content), where it is to cater to a wider audience and grabbing their attention towards your channel. There will be some that will subscribe to see more of the hero content, but there are also others that will subscribe to just simply see any of your content. You want both and cater to both. At the end, you're set in a winning scenario of having a wider grasp.

Just watching your content, I feel that your potential is pretty high. Definitely stick with what you're already doing. I wouldn't even bother replying to those that say things like "THIS IS NOT WHAT I SUBSCRIBED FOR. UNSUBSCRIBED." Just let them get their two cents and move on. You're also free to ban hammer them. They serve no good purpose.

Best of luck.

Reactions: Kevin Muldoon