My Channel State

Kyonite

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Comedian
So for a little while now, I've been unlisting videos that I wasn't proud of in any shape or form, and just realized I now only have 37 videos public on my channel. Wow. I've been doing Youtube for years and had at least 100 videos up before I started doing this. Plus, there's more videos that I want to unlist, and it's been over 5 months since I've last uploaded a video. However. I still keep getting subscribers every now and than. I think when I stopped I had 45 and now I have 49 subscribers. I'd assume it's you guys, and I will be getting back to uploading videos in a little while, but damn, I've gotta make my channel awesome when I get back to it. There's not really that much of a point to this post, just wanted to share, and if you want you guys can share your similar experiences like this.

Reactions: evnanonymous

evnanonymous

Reaction score
when youre a small channel, i dont think theres much point to unlisting videos

if anything, keep them up even if theyre low quality - you might get a new subscriber or two, or a couple of extra views

if you had a bigger audience, it would matter because theyd expect a certain level of quality, but at this point, the expectations are virtually non-existent

Reactions: Stoner Gamer

Kyonite

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Comedian
when youre a small channel, i dont think theres much point to unlisting videos

if anything, keep them up even if theyre low quality - you might get a new subscriber or two, or a couple of extra views

if you had a bigger audience, it would matter because theyd expect a certain level of quality, but at this point, the expectations are virtually non-existent
I would rather unlist my videos because I like looking at my channel and just seeing quality stuff. I really really hate my older stuff, so I figured it would be fine to unlist all my garbage videos. Trust me, nobody's watching and especially not subbing from those videos

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I "terminated" over 200 videos actually. I did mainly vlogs, and after I did my first car review I decided to become more pro and ditch the old vlogs. There was also considerable swearing in those, and I no longer wanted that on my channel. Never looked back. I'll probably keep them private forever.

evnanonymous

Reaction score
I would rather unlist my videos because I like looking at my channel and just seeing quality stuff. I really really hate my older stuff, so I figured it would be fine to unlist all my garbage videos. Trust me, nobody's watching and especially not subbing from those videos
totally get it man

im the same way, quality over quantity

its obviously preference, just depends where your priorities lie

do you want to give off a really professional look and feel to your channel? definitely the right choice to remove any video that you feel isnt up to your standards

or maybe you want to take a different approach and scrape together all the views, likes and subs you possibly can to get an advantage over your competitors. in this case, it might be better to leave everything up and update the SEO and thumbnails to improve the ranking of each video

in your situation, i wouldve done the same though :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyonite