My channel name is not showing up correctly, any ideas why?

Tropical365

I've Got It
Reaction score
I'd be very grateful for any advice... I can't figure out why my channel name is not showing up correctly. For example, if my channel name was Tropical365 (I then have my matching domain name displayed next to it in parantheses) ... the problem is that what I have written inside the parentheses is missing, it's not displaying. PS: This is not my real channel name I'm just typing you an example.

Last edited:

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'd be very grateful for any advice... I can't figure out why my channel name is not showing up correctly. For example, if my channel name was Tropical365 (I then have my matching domain name displayed next to it in parantheses) ... the problem is that what I have written inside the parentheses is missing, it's not displaying. PS: This is not my real channel name I'm just typing you an example.

This issue is a problem because someone else has the exact same channel name as I do and this is my way to differentiate my channel from theirs. Do you have any idea why youtube is not displaying what I have written inside the parantheses?

I see another youtuber whose display name is: Infinite Waters (Diving Deep)... as you can see what they have written inside the parantheses is getting displayed just fine... so how come it's not working for my channel? It displays correctly on gooogle but not on youtube... youtube displayed it correctly yesterday but today it suddenly no longer does....

I'm also verified yet the verified checkmark doesn't appear like it's supposed to.... inside my youtube account in the Status/Features section it says I'm Partner Verified but the checkmark doesn't show up anywhere!
Have you tried different parentheses or even replacing them with letters to see if YouTube is omitting some symbols? YouTube have ban on some symbols and you can't even use them in videos' descriptions for example < and > , so it may be the case with you.

Partner Verified is not the same as the verified checkmark. The verified checkmark is for big or celebrity channels that have over 100K subscribers or many Google+ followers. Getting Partner Verified is easy. Getting verified checkmark is not possible for most YouTubers, except the really big channels.

Tropical365

I've Got It
Reaction score
Have you tried different parentheses or even replacing them with letters to see if YouTube is omitting some symbols? YouTube have ban on some symbols and you can't even use them in videos' descriptions for example < and > , so it may be the case with you.

Partner Verified is not the same as the verified checkmark. The verified checkmark is for big or celebrity channels that have over 100K subscribers or many Google+ followers. Getting Partner Verified is easy. Getting verified checkmark is not possible for most YouTubers, except the really big channels.
Ah I see, thanks! So it is normal for my channel to not have a checkmark next to it in that case. In regards to my other issue... I just created a new test channel on youtube and on this test channel the name appears correctly.... and the domain name I put into the parentheses shows up just fine on this new test channel I created so I am very confused why it's not working on my main channel! :(

It's important I get this to work... it worked for the first 24 hours so I don't know if the youtube system removed my domain name that I put into the parentheses... so I will wait 24 hours to see if it does the same thing to my test channel... maybe youtube doesn't like it when people put domain names into their channel names??? Or am I wrong??

My name appears as Tropical365 (domain name) in my google account so in other words it shows correctly there but not on youtube... it removed the domain name 24 hours later...

Thanks!

Tropical365

I've Got It
Reaction score
I just posted saying this has been resolved but I was wrong... youtube it STILL not displaying my channel name correct after SEVER DAYS :(