• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

(deleted)

Kevin Muldoon

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Congratulations AWP. That's amazing. Incredibly impressive.

What has been your secret to such growth? Is there any one thing that has increased subscriber growth more than other factors?

Reactions: AwpWilliams

AwpWilliams

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Congratulations AWP. That's amazing. Incredibly impressive.

What has been your secret to such growth? Is there any one thing that has increased subscriber growth more than other factors?
Well it's finding your niche, lots of experiments, sharing around a lot even when people are very negative about what you make, and some significant jumps had to do with a combination of great content being made "Yoshimitsu Tekken Theory and Lore" and that getting featured on Eventhubs.

Your channel should naturally grow when you make good content, but a little boost here and there also helps. I've done a giveaway at around 200 subscribers, I gained 100 and got 300. Not much came of it, but it was helpful for the time.

Kevin Muldoon

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Well it's finding your niche, lots of experiments, sharing around a lot even when people are very negative about what you make, and some significant jumps had to do with a combination of great content being made "Yoshimitsu Tekken Theory and Lore" and that getting featured on Eventhubs.

Your channel should naturally grow when you make good content, but a little boost here and there also helps. I've done a giveaway at around 200 subscribers, I gained 100 and got 300. Not much came of it, but it was helpful for the time.
I've been trying to do more gaming videos but not seeing much growth.

Competitions is something I'm keen to try. Do you need to be careful with how the competiton is run so that you don't get into trouble with YouTube? Any suggestions as to which types of competitions work best?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

AwpWilliams

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've been trying to do more gaming videos but not seeing much growth.

Competitions is something I'm keen to try. Do you need to be careful with how the competiton is run so that you don't get into trouble with YouTube? Any suggestions as to which types of competitions work best?

With gaming videos you have to have something really unique, or be a girl. You just have to read up on guidelines on how to run giveaways and stuff on youtube since there are rules but they constantly change, but nothing's stopping you from running it on another site and using youtube to tell your fans about it.

Kevin Muldoon

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
With gaming videos you have to have something really unique, or be a girl. You just have to read up on guidelines on how to run giveaways and stuff on youtube since there are rules but they constantly change, but nothing's stopping you from running it on another site and using youtube to tell your fans about it.
Yeah using a service for running a competition may be a better route to go down.

I'll look into it.