My Channel is Dead, Where Do I go from here?

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would be patient with it and try to craft each video around a topic that you feel like has potential. Look at what has done well for you recently. Videos about actual sports news in particular. The mobile videos for you don't seem to be doing so well. It might be your content ideas just don't stick or maybe your audience just isn't interested in it. Like others have said I would go try some ideas that have worked well for you in the past and apply them to new trending sports news and also do a variety of videos and see what people like. Then think about why it worked and how you can reproduce it.

After making lots of videos on a game it can be easy to lose sight of what worked and why. You still have enough viewers to drive attention to videos so I think you can get back off the ground with a series of videos that pull from content that has proven to do well on your channel.

I'm not a sports fanatic by any means, but maybe something you should ask yourself is "how many people come to YouTube to watch sports news/games."

Something I have learned by watching many dying channels is that gaming is VERY VERY hard. Not only is the competition huge, but games die. Games die, which makes it difficult to see if YOU are the problem or the game. My recommendation is to switch to a more popular and trending game, or even move away from games entirely.

Good luck!
Yeah this is something a lot of channels haven't been able to adapt with. You have to understand when something isn't working or producing and either spice it up with big time ideas or be able to pivot to something trendy that you can get traction in. If it doesn't work, don't panic and keep experimenting. It does help to keep in mind what your audience likes though.

I have found that channels that only cover one game tend to fall off after awhile especially if a new release for that game is absolute crap. Channels that cover many different games tend to hold onto subs better because the videos are always different.
Ok I think this is true but I also definitely would argue that channels around one game will gain subscribers more quickly when starting out because they provide a more consistent value and experience so the subscriber knows what they are getting vs FIFA one day and Animal Crossing the next.

Last edited:

MajesticBox

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honestly play the games that a lot of you-tubers and streamers are playing like fortnite

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi there,
This is really my humble opinion since I'm still new on youtube. Probably, you want to spend more time on the thumbnails creation and keywords since youtube has changed a lot on the algorithm.
For the thumbnails, try to create something that pops up. For keywords, there are some free tools to be use like tubebuddy or what I use a lot is Google Trend. Try to type a phrase and google trend will tell you if the phrase is currently trending or not.
Once again, I'm myself still in the learning process. Please feel free to correct me.
Don't give up and keep creating. Thank you.