My Channel Has Officially Died...

TheGameGateway

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So basically, I've done the youtube game for quite a long time, had a few ups and downs, a few times where my videos were not even getting double digits and then a slow rise into the hundreds of views. I quit for a few months and then came back when I had more time to create content and I've discovered my fan base has almost entirely left me. I haven't had a video hit over 100 views since May last year and I have literally no idea why, my content hasn't changed, my style hasn't really changed either. SO now I'm left with my old subscribers who have probably since vacated youtube entirely and no audience.

What I would like you to review is this:

I would like you to go and view one of my more popular videos from a few years ago, perhaps a mario sunshine video of mine as they used to get quite consistent views.

AND

Then after that view a recent video and tell me if something has changed, if my style or my entertainment value has decreased as I can't work it out.

I'm left here scratching my head, doing the thing I've always been doing and not yeilding the same the results I once did. I even set up a twitter account to see who was still around to follow it and my follows haven't even hit double digits yet. I'm in absolute turmoil.

oscarflowers

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
your content hasn't changed, but it hasn't improved.

with one of your super mario sunshine videos (around 200 views, i think), you had very little engagement. something like 9 likes and one comment. now, you have one like on a video with 9 views. this is because people have left and become bored of your content. there's nothing new to entice them - a face to link to the voice would help you, as would better sound levels: the backing music in your undertale part 3 video is far too loud. you also seem rather complacent about making a youtube video. unless your channel is going to be focused on being chill, you can't be another youtuber speaking a little too close to the microphone in a complacent voice: make your audience know why they should watch you - what are your unique traits?

i've no idea about gaming, so this may be very inaccurate, but it's just the idea of trying to impress your group of friends with the same magic trick everyday.

Reactions: FerVidDroll

Pedro Nascimento

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey there!
I just watched a couple videos of you from 3 years ago a 2 years ago, and just watched your recent ones. I am no expert in gaming channels but I think I can give you some advice.
The quality of the videos are the same besides your latest video the "Undertale : Part 3 : Pink Text?!" that the music was too loud and I almost couldn't listen to your voice.
What you could do is record yourself playing and add it to the bottom of the video on the corner so when people watch you playing they could see you as well. I think that would be really good as your followers could see you reacting to the game instead of only listening to your voice. I think that could be a good improvement.
Oh and try to talk with a bit louder and with a bit more excitement, that would help to keep the people watching the video.
Apart of that I hope you keep doing good, you're doing very well. 5000+ subscribers you're doing better than me :D

TheGameGateway

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
your content hasn't changed, but it hasn't improved.

with one of your super mario sunshine videos (around 200 views, i think), you had very little engagement. something like 9 likes and one comment. now, you have one like on a video with 9 views. this is because people have left and become bored of your content. there's nothing new to entice them - a face to link to the voice would help you, as would better sound levels: the backing music in your undertale part 3 video is far too loud. you also seem rather complacent about making a youtube video. unless your channel is going to be focused on being chill, you can't be another youtuber speaking a little too close to the microphone in a complacent voice: make your audience know why they should watch you - what are your unique traits?

i've no idea about gaming, so this may be very inaccurate, but it's just the idea of trying to impress your group of friends with the same magic trick everyday.
Hey there!
I just watched a couple videos of you from 3 years ago a 2 years ago, and just watched your recent ones. I am no expert in gaming channels but I think I can give you some advice.
The quality of the videos are the same besides your latest video the "Undertale : Part 3 : Pink Text?!" that the music was too loud and I almost couldn't listen to your voice.
What you could do is record yourself playing and add it to the bottom of the video on the corner so when people watch you playing they could see you as well. I think that would be really good as your followers could see you reacting to the game instead of only listening to your voice. I think that could be a good improvement.
Oh and try to talk with a bit louder and with a bit more excitement, that would help to keep the people watching the video.
Apart of that I hope you keep doing good, you're doing very well. 5000+ subscribers you're doing better than me :D
Both of you mentioned the fact that I need to be a little more exciting and less complacent, you also mentioned the bad audio on the latest undertale video which I actually didn't notice so thank you for that one.

Thank you for the advice both of you, I'll try to work on both of the notes you gave me and hopefully I'll see an improvement at some stage.