My Channel has decreased in views by 50%

Ian Katz

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I need some help, my channel has decreased by 50% I am getting between 20-40 views per vid. I post on facebook, Reddit, Twitter, Blogger, Google +, and Tumblr and nothing, I am doing family and kids videos, fun activities with my family and cant seem to get ahead, I have 55 subs and been stuck there for a month. Please help. the URL to my youtube is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkgHMDs3VUCe6Su3BYBLV3A

Thank you
Ian

Ian Katz

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I see no one has replied, is my channel that bad no one will even review it? Should I buy subs and views from a company that offers it? I cant get past 20 views anymore. Please help

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I see no one has replied, is my channel that bad no one will even review it? Should I buy subs and views from a company that offers it? I cant get past 20 views anymore. Please help
It's not that your channel is bad, but I think your attitude is bad. You seek for success too early and I see you are very impatient. You don't have that many videos on your channel, you are not yet established as a creator that provides entertainment for viewers for a long time. But you already seek to cheat the system by buying subs and views, which will only turn even worse for your channel. I would suggest to continue making videos, from time to time re-evaluate your channel and statistics, see which videos are more viewed and which are not, try to figure out WHY and get more used with analytics. By looking at your channel, first thing I notice is that you either have too big titles in the thumbnails or no titles at all. The thumbnails are to suggest whats inside, but there are also the video title for more about the video. Try to make more attractive thumbnails and less garish titles in them. Try different topics (even alien ones to you) and see if they will attracts more views and viewers. You are in very early stage of your channel, so experimenting wont hurt it at all, but only will help.

Reactions: Unanswered5s

Ian Katz

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's not that your channel is bad, but I think your attitude is bad. You seek for success too early and I see you are very impatient. You don't have that many videos on your channel, you are not yet established as a creator that provides entertainment for viewers for a long time. But you already seek to cheat the system by buying subs and views, which will only turn even worse for your channel. I would suggest to continue making videos, from time to time re-evaluate your channel and statistics, see which videos are more viewed and which are not, try to figure out WHY and get more used with analytics. By looking at your channel, first thing I notice is that you either have too big titles in the thumbnails or no titles at all. The thumbnails are to suggest whats inside, but there are also the video title for more about the video. Try to make more attractive thumbnails and less garish titles in them. Try different topics (even alien ones to you) and see if they will attracts more views and viewers. You are in very early stage of your channel, so experimenting wont hurt it at all, but only will help.
Iam not impatient, I am inquisitive, I never said I was buying subs I asked about it because I get stupid messages about it all the time. Being a family/Kids channel I was told my thumbnails are ok and I have a description in each one of them. I was told to make your discription long for keywords, you now tell me they are to long, so im confused. I have a whole hodgepog of stuff on my page, kids night out, kids activities, urban exploring, metal detecting, vacationing, all family stuff, or things I do with my family. How do you suggest my thumbnails should look? I use tons of keywords, Is my intro to long? I have dumpster diving vids coming up too, so we do a bit of everything.

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Iam not impatient, I am inquisitive, I never said I was buying subs I asked about it because I get stupid messages about it all the time. Being a family/Kids channel I was told my thumbnails are ok and I have a description in each one of them. I was told to make your discription long for keywords, you now tell me they are to long, so im confused. I have a whole hodgepog of stuff on my page, kids night out, kids activities, urban exploring, metal detecting, vacationing, all family stuff, or things I do with my family. How do you suggest my thumbnails should look? I use tons of keywords, Is my intro to long? I have dumpster diving vids coming up too, so we do a bit of everything.
Ok, if you are just inquisitive if buying subs and views will work:
First: it's against YouTube TOS to cheat the subs/views counter and even if it worked for somebody they won't tell you for the exact same reason that it's against YouTube's TOS to cheat the system.
Second: If it works well, why these service providers just don't use it for their channels/videos and get the big pie, but sell it to random users? Probably, for the exact same reasons the gurus are selling books/seminars of how to get rich quick - their methods don't work. If they work they will use the methods for themselves and won't get into the trouble of making seminars and marketing books.
Third: Even if you get subs/views for your channel in the early stage it is now, it will be like opening a hot-dog kiosk on a very crowded street with only a few hot-dogs at your disposal per day. You sell all your hot-dogs that you have for the day at the morning and for the rest of the day you pay rent but don't sell, hungry people pass through your kiosk, but don't buy because you don't have any hot-dogs to sell them, yet you pay rent and at the end you are not making even break-even. With time you learn to get more hot-dog supplies per day, but most of the customers pass through the other side of the street, where a competitor also has a kiosk, but he also always have hot-dogs, so people don't stay hungry. Over time they will avoid your kiosk and go to the other kiosk, even if you start offering better hot-dogs at cheaper price, because habits hardly change.

Regarding your videos thumbnails:
In the video thumbnail of Intro Katz Family 1 I hardly can read the font: And I am on a desktop computer with big display. On mobile it will be impossible.
In the video thumbnail of went shopping with my daughter for new camera equipment. Need a tripod, mic and SD cards, the text is overlapped by the video length at the bottom right and the title is way too long and unappealing.
$1000 JACKPOT DUMPSTER DIVE WITH EMYLEE AND RACHAEL
CAMP 30 WW2 POW CAMP PART 1 WITH MIKE
Abandoned Haunted Race Car Drivers House

Same issue with video length overlapping the title in the thumbnail and the titles itself.

Regarding the Intros - get rid of them and put outros. Once you get more popular, more people will know you, then you can get them back but for a start your number one priority shall be getting viewers attention and eventually getting them to subscribe at the very beginning of the videos. While I don't have much time to evaluate your whole channel and give many suggestions I think the above markers are helpful to you.

MentallyGames

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Other
1. Viewership: There are so many things that could contribute to your viewership dropping, that there is nothing we can say that would effectively help you. Watching some of the certified Youtube experts can give you a better understanding of viewership and fluctuations in viewership.
2. Sharing your content: Just because you share your content everywhere does not mean it will make your channel grow. Again: many possible reasons for why it does not seem to do anything for you. Take a critical look at what platforms you are sharing your content on. How do you share it? Are you active on those platforms and how? Are those really the platforms for YOUR content? Should you abort some of them and find new platforms to post your content on?
3. Subcount is not going up: sometimes you are just stuck for a while. Growing pains are normal, so don't get freaked out by those. Just stay critical of your own content and see it through.

Also: don't randomly follow all the feedback that you get (yes, even my feedback!). Feedback is often not based on facts, but on opinions. Decide what feedback you want to use and what feedback makes sense to you and stick with it for a while to see if it works out.