My Channel has been sub botted!! Need help!

BeanTubes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Literally in the last 10 minutes I checked my email and in the space of 5 minutes I have gained 100 subscribers and it keeps going up.

I have been botted and I don't know how. Some of the emails I got seem legit. Like they are from someone with 200 subscribers or someone that has been uploading but I find it weird how all the subscribers have come out of nowhere.

What should I do?

I have been doing YouTube for 4 years and have a channel with 10k subscribers and have never experienced this

EDIT: I found out who done it. It was a new subscriber that sent me a message saying I have a "gift for you. Check your subscribers in a minute. Then he admitted to giving me 100 subscribers through a website. Dont know what i should do with this info?

Last edited:

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Has your views/interactions shot up too?

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I'm not sure there is anything you can do..
But, what's the concern? fake subs dont help you at all, but what's the worst that could happen? (seriously, I dont know the downside/concern)

Commander Skull

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer, Cartoonist, Animator
Bots are the worst... I got dislike bot-ted on my channel and I had a sudden spike of no views and around 100-200+ dislikes in 1-2 days....

Smartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Bots are the worst... I got dislike bot-ted on my channel and I had a sudden spike of no views and around 100-200+ dislikes in 1-2 days....
I never thought things like that could happen, how do you prevent bots from happening?

Kristeen

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Literally in the last 10 minutes I checked my email and in the space of 5 minutes I have gained 100 subscribers and it keeps going up.

I have been botted and I don't know how. Some of the emails I got seem legit. Like they are from someone with 200 subscribers or someone that has been uploading but I find it weird how all the subscribers have come out of nowhere.

What should I do?

I have been doing YouTube for 4 years and have a channel with 10k subscribers and have never experienced this

EDIT: It seems to have stopped increasing now. It went up by 100
Perhaps try using the "Send Feedback" button on YouTube to report issues with your sub count. Not sure if they'll do anything about it but at the very least they'll have some sort of report in their files. Could help to prove that you were honest if things go bad later on.

Reactions: Crown

Scapestrato

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I remember reading a note in the analytics page today saying in January subs were under-counted and they were gonna fix that soon...maybe this is it?