My Beloved Windows 7 Movie Maker has Finally Carked it.

MattySlug

Reaction score
After many years of using what I love, Windows Live Movie Maker...the time tonight has come to finally say goodbye.
The other night I was halfway through editing a video and it bunged out, not so unusual.
But Tonight when I went back into the saved file it broke again after a few minutes and now when I reload it there are no video file thumbnails to edit with so I have given up.
I am Downloading Wondershare Filmora 9, hopefully it will work on this Windows 7...if it doesn't I do have a Windows 10 Laptop I can try and install it on but I would love to edit on this laptop as I already have all the programs / files / mp3's that I need where I know they are.
Well it has just downloaded and installed so I am going to try and recreate what I had edited on the Live Movie Maker to the best I can.
Cheers and thanks for letting me whinge / sulk / whine & Talk about my lost love for Windows Live Movie Maker!

Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
After many years of using what I love, Windows Live Movie Maker...the time tonight has come to finally say goodbye.
The other night I was halfway through editing a video and it bunged out, not so unusual.
But Tonight when I went back into the saved file it broke again after a few minutes and now when I reload it there are no video file thumbnails to edit with so I have given up.
I am Downloading Wondershare Filmora 9, hopefully it will work on this Windows 7...if it doesn't I do have a Windows 10 Laptop I can try and install it on but I would love to edit on this laptop as I already have all the programs / files / mp3's that I need where I know they are.
Well it has just downloaded and installed so I am going to try and recreate what I had edited on the Live Movie Maker to the best I can.
Cheers and thanks for letting me whinge / sulk / whine & Talk about my lost love for Windows Live Movie Maker!

Filmora is a decent choice. :)

Reactions: MattySlug

MattySlug

Reaction score
Thank you, my fellow Youtuber Friend has been wanting me to get it for well over a year.

My current laptop wouldn't work with Filmora Last night as it wasn't good enough so tonight I am going to try my friends Windows 7 Laptop he is giving me :cool:

MattySlug

Reaction score
Some of the Laptops Graphics Card wasn't up to par so I decided to give Windows Movie Maker Another go.
This time I edited Video Files one at a time instead of loading 50+ at once and I think that did the trick.
It did not respond and shut down once though, but I reloaded the program and didn't have a problem again.
I still have to test and watch the finished Video, hopefully it all encoded greatly!

I will still switch to Filmora in the near future though I just can't pay the $100 odd Lifetime Subscription fee yet.

Reactions: Crown

prady

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The Photos App on windows 10 seems like a replacement app for Window Movie Maker by Microsoft

MattySlug

Reaction score
I tried the Photo App on our Windows 10 Laptop early last year but it constantly and instantly Froze.

I finally just tested the video there was one error, in showing some JPEG images at the start but I think it's good enough and now I am about to upload it.
I just gotta make a thumbnail first and write up a Description.