My "advice" for all its worth :)

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I have been around on this forum long enough to see its happenings and so here are my two cents.

My youtube channel is rather old and not heavily promoted by me as its always been a kind of hobby, but there are a few things I can say about it that hold true for the most part

1) subscribers with the rare exception of possibly a couple of new ones subscribe because they are actually interested in my content such that it is. That means that when I post a new video they actually watch it via their subscriber module.

2) i go after genuine views from real people who are not being paid to watch my channel. Its slower yes.. not as "awesome" for your ego true, but all those views are from people who watched it and in many cases watched the video to the end.

3) I dont go after trends unless I am annoyed or want to make fun of it lol. I went after a trend for the launch of a game star wars the old republic because I had been a beta tester. It made me the most viewed person in my country lol. Is that good or bad? well I do machinima most of the people watching it were not in my demographic but it was fun to see the little award by my channel. I have a couple of other trends I might go after for kicks in the future but for the most part those views dont earn me regular channel viewers or an loyal fanbase/audience

4) use social media but use it properly dont spam

I have picked up steam over the years and I am sure if I set my mind to it I could be a much larger channel however I dont want to start hating something I enjoy. In the end dont do it for views or subs do it because you enjoy it. If you do it for views or subs your going to start getting sucked in by those people who can guarantee you 100,000 "real views" that "wont get you banned" in the next 48 hours.

My two cents from an "old person" relatively speaking on these forums. I am 48 I do everything in stride and just have fun.

How did you become the most viewed person in your country? (I live in Canada)

I knew ahead of time the popularity and splash the removal of the nda from the game about to launch. I had premade 3 videos and had them in a folder ready for upload. 1 hour after the removal of the NDA for the game my videos were uploaded. I had pre-written everything so I could login and do it while asleep if need be. I posted them to my facebook page and went to work. I did not purchase a single view. Here are the videos just to give you an idea if you decide you want to trend.. you have to know what the trend is before it actually happens :)

It was fun because its probably some of the crappiest video I have ever made :oops: .

Just remember "be careful of what you wish for" youtube fame or any fame for that matter can make you hate something you love!