My account was terminated without warning

Wonky

Reaction score
So, I tried logging into my youtube earlier and I couldn't find my channel. I checked my email and i got an email saying "your channel has been suspended for Spam, deceptive practices, and misleading content" no idea why.. I've never received a strike on that channel and now my channel has been terminated out of no where. The only thing i can think of that might be spam on my channel is I have a ton of videos named the same thing... but if it's on private how would they know and why would it matter?

I tried logging into my google account and it tells me "we've noticed suspicious activity on this account" and now it wants my phone number to give me a code.... is it because my channel got suspended or maybe someone hacked me and flagged all my videos? i have 2 step on so I didn;t think that was possible

I have ton of videos with music copyright strikes, but every video I've uploaded has been uploaded to private so I wouldn't think that would get me terminated...

please help! thanks

Last edited:

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
I have ton of videos with music copyright strikes, but every video I've uploaded has been uploaded to private so I wouldn't think that would get me terminated...
Yep; that would be the reason. Even private video's have to comply with the terms and conditions.

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Since the email you got says "your channel has been suspended for Spam, deceptive practices, and misleading content", i doubt it has anything to do with copyrighted music - since usually copyrighted music just gets monetized by the copyright holder OR you get a strike IF you don't remove it..
My guess is the channel got terminated for something having to do with spam, deceptive practices or misleading content - .. Deceptive practices/misleading content could be anything from clickbait thumbnails to buying views/subscribers..

Wonky

Reaction score
I did a bit of researching and i read that having multiple videos with the same title might be considered spam. I had a bunch of videos that were 2 parters, so I would always title the second part "part two"... do you think if i had enough videos named "part two" that the algorithm would pick it up as spam and delete my channel?

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
I did a bit of researching and i read that having multiple videos with the same title might be considered spam. I had a bunch of videos that were 2 parters, so I would always title the second part "part two"... do you think if i had enough videos named "part two" that the algorithm would pick it up as spam and delete my channel?
Yes, and unless you appeal the suspension successfully, you are banned from not only YouTube, but all Google Services for life.

Wonky

Reaction score
Yes, and unless you appeal the suspension successfully, you are banned from not only YouTube, but all Google Services for life.
what the hell.. does that mean IP banned? I can't start another gmail account?

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
what the hell.. does that mean IP banned? I can't start another gmail account?
They may not care if you create a new Gmail account, but as soon as you try to create a new Youtube channel or Adsense account, they will know..Google knows all and sees all.. You can’t fool Google.

Boki

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Man, reading through this thread is like reading a postmodern horror novel. :/

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
@Wonky When you started your Google account, you had to tell Google your first and last name. When a Google account of any type is banned, they are giving a lifetime ban to the user of that account as well as the account itself.

If you don't successfully appeal, just try to start any type of Google Service afterward and see what happens. You will most likely see the following error message:

"Unable to create account due to past account issues"

Here is the paragraph from the mouth of Google itself.

"Users whose accounts have been terminated are prohibited from accessing, possessing or creating any other Google Accounts. When an account is terminated, the account owner will receive an email detailing the reason for the suspension."

Lock

$$$
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Uh ? even the same youtube title is considered to be BANNED ???