Other Music Video Ideas

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
So I've been sitting on these ideas about a week now, not sure if I should go through with it or not. So instead of me saying for sure "this is what I'm gonna do" I'd like to just present this idea and see who'd be interested. It's 2 separate ideas, so here's the first idea.

I have a new song I want to make a video for. I'm going to get a green screen and then I would like for 4 people who also can get a green screen to do a choreographed dance to it. This will then be picture in pictured in the 4 corners of the video while I go on lip syncing. This would have to be an almost auditioned kind of thing, because I need people who look animated, have the right facial expressions, and just do it well. So that's idea 1.

Here's idea 2. I'm growing tired of my music videos, I feel they aren't up to par. What if we held a contest every couple of weeks, and I were to post a song of mine unlisted, and then anyone who wants to make a video for it can. I don't care if you post your idea to your channel either, but one of them will be accepted at the end to actually be the official video on my channel.
I don't care if you're a graphic artist and you animate something really cool, or if you're a comedy troup and you right out a visual sketch to go along with the music, I mean anything goes, if you hear the song and have an idea, make it and send it to me, and my favorite one gets picked every 2 weeks.

What do you guys think of these ideas?

I kinda like idea 2 because that's something I would try and do. And you can pick whichever one you like. Not to mention the number of people who actually have green screen is slightly limited. That's just my two cents

I think that idea 1 is a good idea, involving more people. The only issue is getting more people to actually go along with it, which can be an annoyance. If you can make it work though, I'd say it'd work out well for you.

I was going to say that idea 2 wouldn't work, since getting somebody to make you a music video might be difficult, but then I realized that tons of people are out there, just waiting to do that type of thing, in the hopes that you mention them and it brings them traffic. I think that would work as well, for getting people to join you.

I love both ideas..but I love idea 2 the most...Dancing and singing to a Symph song would be awesome...*imagines all the ideas* wooot ;3

Well cool then, anyone who wants to try and dance in the video who has a green screen pm me and I'll pm you the song. The moves aren't made yet, so we can discuss choreography. I'll also have the song for the first music video made by you guys soon and I'll post it up and see what people can come up with.

I think if you want to improve your music videos the key thing you should do is make them more interesting. Judging from your past music videos, the songs are great and your on screen energy is great as well, but the ideas are sort of the same. Maybe you could incorporate some more complex editing, incorporate a story line into the videos, make it a 'mini movie' of sorts. Just an idea.

I think if you want to improve your music videos the key thing you should do is make them more interesting. Judging from your past music videos, the songs are great and your on screen energy is great as well, but the ideas are sort of the same. Maybe you could incorporate some more complex editing, incorporate a story line into the videos, make it a 'mini movie' of sorts. Just an idea.
Yeah I feel incapable and unmotivated right now, so I thought an interesting idea for the time being is see if people like the song enough to be inspired, then want to make their own visual to go along with it. I'm hoping truly creative people will jump on the idea. It gets everyone together, and will make for very interesting videos. In the meantime, I will plan my next move when I make them myself again.

Yeah I feel incapable and unmotivated right now, so I thought an interesting idea for the time being is see if people like the song enough to be inspired, then want to make their own visual to go along with it. I'm hoping truly creative people will jump on the idea. It gets everyone together, and will make for very interesting videos. In the meantime, I will plan my next move when I make them myself again.

I feel like when you put that effort into that one video and come up with something great all of the motivation will come rushing straight back to you. It's normal to get in a bit of a rut when you're making videos but it's usually because you need to take the 'next step', try something new, and keep it fresh.

I like both ideas, I have no idea how to green screen though! :/

Back